android
Old 09-19-2014, 07:29 AM

Cool Replace Samsung YP-U7 With What?

Hi Everyone

Basically I loved my Samsung mp3 player YP-U7 but it died!
I am looking for a replacement but the player is no longer for sale.

I LOVED my Samsung YP-U7 mp3 player for these reasons :

* mp3 ogg WMA FLAC Support
* Strong steel case
* 4 GB Memory
* Amazing battery life
* Cheap
* Text screen showing which ID3
* Select Music By folder
* Direct USB Copy like a USB stick (Using MSC None of this MTP sh!t)
* Direct USB Port (No cables needed!)
* FM Radio

I HATED my Samsung YP-U7 mp3 player for these reasons
* No AAC Support
* Only 4 GB Memory
* No Voice Recorder
* Popcorn!

Does anyone know where I can buy a Samsung YP-U7?
What can I buy that is basically the same thing?

Last edited by James Black; 10-10-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Samsung YP-U7

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-19-2014, 09:57 AM
Administrator

The player you envision doesn't exist and there's a fair chance it never will. Samsung shutdown their DAP division a few years back. No other maker of quality devices has seen a market for a stick type player. There's generic stick type players but the ones I've looked into are just disposable crap.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Black View Post
I want to drive over it with my car
YoTank. Solid aluminum case. Literally indestructible.

Last edited by skamp; 10-14-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:58 AM

Sony still makes some stick-type players, I think, but I don't know how good they are.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Unless Sony has made serious improvements over the NWZ 163 I tried for a few days they're probably pretty bad. Sound quality was genuinely poor and volume was unacceptably low.

Codec support was limited to mp3 and wma. Storage capacity maxed out at 4 GB. The build seemed decent but I wouldn't try driving a car the plastic body.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Administrator

I've moved your post to the original thread with this same request. If there's no answer please bump this thread instead of creating a new thread.

You ask about a YP-8. Have you read anywhere that it was ever released by Samsung? If so I'd check there to see if they know a source.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM

Default Where can I buy I Samsung YP-U7

I have found it!!! The SONY NWZ-B183 will be my replacement. Released in 2014 basically is the same player but from trusted Sony. It has the following features :

* mp3 aac, wma, wav Support
* Strong steel case
* 4 GB Memory
* Amazing battery life
* Cheap
* Text screen showing which ID3
* Select Music By folder
* Copy Music like a USB stick using MSC (None of this MTP sh!t!)
* Direct USB Port (No cables needed!)
* FM Radio
* No Popcorn!

Awesome
Thanks

Last edited by James Black; 10-14-2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Update with new info

Old 10-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I've moved your post to the original thread with this same request. If there's no answer please bump this thread instead of creating a new thread.
Please stop creating new threads with the same request. There's nothing unclear about what you want.

Note what I put in bold in my quote. Bumping this thread will bring it to the top of the forum. Having all the information in one spot will allow anyone with suggestions to have all the relevant information in one spot. That way they won't have to look several places to know what has already been said.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Editing a post doesn't bump the thread. Adding a new post does.

BTW none of you posts have been deleted. They've all been merged into this one. If you feel the title no longer reflects your current interest you can edit it using the Go Advanced option in the Edit menu. That won't bump the thread. Adding another post of any type will.

The most likely cause you're not getting responses is a player you want isn't available. Well made USB stick type players with limited features may have been interesting at one time but the market for them now is limited. Without the expectation that producing them would generate sufficient revenue to justify production expenses it's unlikely a manufacturer will start making them again.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:43 AM

Default Admin Please delete your posts

Half of the posts here are from Admin!!!

I have read them so they can be deleted now as they are off topic since they relate to website protocol rather then the topic posted.

Many Thanks
Your many messages were reading and noted!

P.S. Your website should give the creator of a post more control over it. It creates a lot of junk which can't be removed. Like the Yotank reply has nothing to do with my post and has a HUGE picture attached to it. It provides no benefit for anyone reading this post. It might be useful for some other post for people looking for a cover for an ipod but really it has zero to do with my post however I can't delete it, MOST irritating. It would be a lot simpler and easier if the person who creates the post has control over it. Of course admin could have the ultimate power and could undelete or lock certain replies if deemed necessary (for example if people complained and admin checked and agreed then admin could restore and lock certain replies)

P.S. Also delete this message when you have read it! BTW it would make a better site if there were some easier way to communicate (like direct messaging) rather then via posting in all these messages in my thread!

Last edited by James Black; 10-14-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Updated

Old 10-14-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Like the Yotank reply has nothing to do with my post and has a HUGE picture attached to it. It provides no benefit for anyone reading this post. It might be useful for some other post for people looking for a cover for an ipod but really it has zero to do with my post however I can't delete it, MOST irritating.
First, chill out. Second, I quoted you saying that you want to run over your player with your car. YoTank being a super strong case (likely the strongest ever) for various iPods, I thought it was relevant to your query. So sorry for the huge inconvenience.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Half of the posts here are from Admin!!!
Yup. And it's going to stay that way. Please read further for why.

Quote:
I have read them so they can be deleted now as they are off topic since they relate to website protocol rather then the topic posted.

Many Thanks
Your many messages were reading and noted!
The site is frequently read by people who arrive here by searching. It's helpful for them to see what's been said concerning their search. Them seeing that the stick type player or a you're looking for doesn't exist will shorten their search time. Having all your posts in one spot will also eliminate the need to read through multiple threads to get that same information. They'll also see that you found a player that suits your needs.

If you're not getting what I'm saying I'll explain a bit more. Online forums are places where people come to discuss common interests. They also serve the purpose of an archive for the next person that has a similar interest. That means that just because you're the person that started a conversation doesn't mean that you get to dictate what's available for the next person.

Quote:
P.S. Your website should give the creator of a post more control over it. It creates a lot of junk which can't be removed. Like the Yotank reply has nothing to do with my post and has a HUGE picture attached to it. It provides no benefit for anyone reading this post. It might be useful for some other post for people looking for a cover for an ipod but really it has zero to do with my post however I can't delete it, MOST irritating. It would be a lot simpler and easier if the person who creates the post has control over it. Of course admin could have the ultimate power and could undelete or lock certain replies if deemed necessary (for example if people complained and admin checked and agreed then admin could restore and lock certain replies)
Allowing control over others post isn't going to happen. Same reasons as before. You can edit your posts as much as you care whenever you want but allowing one member to do that with another members would be insane. No one is going to try to micromanage every thread and post to try to make sure someone isn't defacing the site.

Quote:
P.S. Also delete this message when you have read it! BTW it would make a better site if there were some easier way to communicate (like direct messaging) rather then via posting in all these messages in my thread!
There's a private messaging system. I just find it better in this case not to use it. When someone doesn't get the message and continues to post the same thing it's easier and more helpful to others to just merge the posts and leave a note as to why it was done.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:16 PM

Dude you have a poor understanding of the situation.

My goal is that my thread is of maximum use to other people who have the same problem as me.

1) I don't care if the post are in one place or not. YOU are the one who is making an issue about that, not me. Yes I tried to start a new thread and you moved it into one. Great OK get over it please, and stop refering to it each time you leave a message for me.

2) I don't like your many many replies in my thread because it is off topic of my thread and only serves to make the thread MORE difficult to read and THUS less useful for other people. If admin stops posting so so so many replies and deletes them all it wil eliminate the need (for new people searching for answers) to read through multiple posts for useful information.

3) Whether I edit a post or not is my right given by YOU (admin) so if I make a few changes to a post don't get all antsy and start saying I keep trying to make new threads, actually what I am trying to do is reach my goal as stated in the first sentence of this post.

Dude you have a very condescending tone and for an admin very childish talking down to your uses explaining forums. Please just don't. I have a lot of experience reading forums and KNOW how irritating it is for the people who just want facts and not stupid ego battles, flaming, and off topic posts like you are doing not.

Dude seriously
drop your ego,
drop your attitude,
delete all the bullshit you posted
delete my bullshit replies
and lets get this thread back on topic
since it is actually contains a quiet useful question and answer
even if I had to find the answer myself
I really think it will help other people

In the end it is your site so you decide
But if you are not going to delete your and my post
then I expect you to leave this post up also
because I want everyone to read it

Last edited by James Black; 10-14-2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Amazing waste of time

Old 10-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Thread closed due to extreme silliness.

Closed Thread

Tags
replacement, samsung, yp-u7, yp-u8