android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Miscellaneous Tech > Anythingbutiphone > Android

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 PM

Default Dolphin Browser HD now Version 8.0—the best browser is now better

If you enjoy getting the most out of your Android devices, then Dolphin browser is probably your browser. In fact, with over 10 million downloads, it’s is also the browser for plenty of people who just want something better than the stock experience. The Dolphin team updated its app today, bringing a pair of new menus, some ubiquitous stability and performance enhancements, and some UI tweaks.

If you’ve never used Dolphin, then you’re probably not familiar with two of its huge features, Dolphin Sonar and Gesture. Sonar is a voice search/action app within an app, allowing you to open new pages, new tabs, navigate to a page, add bookmarks, and more. While the default browser does have voice search, it’s not at this level. Gestures allows you to do even more, and assign any shape or shapes you desire as shortcuts. The UI for both of these has been updated, and they are now easier than ever to access. Just tap in the lower left corner, and you are greeted with your choice of Sonar or Gesture, and only a swipe is needed to change between the two—very slick.

What would a custom browser be without add-ons? Boring, that’s what. Dolphin already handled add-ons well, and they now have full titles, instead of just icons, and while this does take up more screen real estate, it is a change I am glad Dolphin made. The main menu has also seen an overhaul, and when combined with your Android’s back button, all of your primary controls can be accessed with the push of your menu button.

Overall, I am extremely happy with this update, and I do not know of a better browser. In fact, I may just dare to say that I enjoy my mobile browser better than my desktop browser—is that blasphemy coming from a PC tech? I assume there are at least a few more people on this forum who are Dolphin fans—what do you think of this update? Better still, does anybody have a convincing argument for another mobile browser as “the best?”

[Google Play | Dolphin | 2]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]