android
Old 04-15-2012, 06:32 PM

Default JetLogo & JetShell?

I see iAudio 9 downloads include, JetLogo and JetShell. What are they, please?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-15-2012, 07:00 PM

JetLogo is software that allows you to make your own logo to display on the i9 when you turn it on. While I’m not familiar with jetShell, from the description is sounds like a download manager that plays and allows file conversion for downloads, radio recordings and voice recorded files.

BTW you do know that the i9 is no longer in production and has been replaced by the i10.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

seems the main site is down for jetaudio/logo, shame i was gonna have a go at custom logo/splash screen lol

Its actually bundled on the cd under 'jet toys' lol, so all good.

Last edited by BruceBanner; 07-16-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
... Its actually bundled on the cd under 'jet toys' lol, so all good.
So did you receive it already?

Old 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh man, haven't had a chance to do any actual listening so far, just navigate menus and admire the screen. The screen really is nice, I have a galaxy s2 also and see it being close to that in terms of res and quality.
I'm starting to see this i9 as the clipzip (or fuze) i really wanted ie a slightly bigger player, still weighing very little (40g) but a nice crisp clean screen and better battery life, the addition of jet effect/BBE is obviously a welcomed bonus (and actually the real reason i bought it).
But yeh im tinkering with it in terms of splash logo and lyrics before actually listening to it lol... go figure.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I'm starting to see this i9 as the clipzip (or fuze) i really wanted ie a slightly bigger player, still weighing very little (40g) but a nice crisp clean screen and better battery life, the addition of jet effect/BBE is obviously a welcomed bonus (and actually the real reason i bought it).
The 5-band EQ, Stereo Enhance, and Mach3Bass is all I really used when I had mine. The various BBE settings all ended up sounding too artificial to me.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What i really would like (that doesn't exist) is an EQ (user or preset) that automatically selects/changes depending on genre of song playing (uses id3 tag).
I don't know why this hasn't been implemented already (especially in summin as advanced as rockbox, which has TUNS of other features i haven't even begun to scratch).

I can't be the only one that listens to a player on shuffle and one track is metal, the next hiphop/rap, then techno or whatever etc. Point is the bass is too heavy and distortion occurs (at the volumes i listen to ) when going from say metal>rap. Its perfect for metal, then not for rap, so u have to pull player outta pocket and change bass setting just for that one track <sigh>.

If not automatically assigning EQ to different genres, how about a dedicated EQ button that can cycle through custom or presets without entering the menu system (hence my other post asking about button mapping tweaks).

Old 07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, a proper EQ setting (be it one that adjusts the sound, or a flat setting that disables the EQ) should be the same for all the music you have. I've never thought that switching for different genres, etc, was a good idea.

That said, Bruce, there are Samsung players with this feature....

Old 07-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I agree, with my sansaclips/fuze i don't touch the EQ at all, its all flat. And even when using replaygain, if i am listening to a song loud enough then bass distortion occurs if the following track is bass heavier than the preceding track (like rock>rap). I am left with two choices, lower volume for the rap track, or lower bass.
The best i can come up with is lowering the bass via rockbox's shortcut menu (and assign bass + - as two of the shortcut keys), the only real gripe with this is the actual change takes around 30secs to occur (not in realtime).

But.... I know lots of people say flat is best and flat is how it should be done, well i'm not wholly convinced. I mean isn't some music like classical really asking for some tweaking to best showcase its style?
Even if the case for flat still prevails (across all music genres), im pretty sure i liked tweaking a few things here and there on my X5 for different genres (it sounded better to my ears, and in the end isn't that what counts).

But yeh I woulda thought that feature woulda been obvious, perhaps not.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I agree, with my sansaclips/fuze i don't touch the EQ at all, its all flat. And even when using replaygain, if i am listening to a song loud enough then bass distortion occurs if the following track is bass heavier than the preceding track (like rock>rap).
If you're hearing bass distortion while using ReplayGain, something's not right. Do you have "prevent clipping" enabled in the RG menu?

And don't misunderstand, I'm not saying you shouldn't use EQ and just go flat.....I just don't believe in switching from one genre to another, that's all.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have just seen there are 4 customizable user eq/effects in the i9. When in the now playing screen, if i push and hold the play/pause button and then select the EQ icon it allows me to select a different user eq. That's pretty decent. If u leave the play/pause long hold to highlighting the EQ icon then the player seems to remember this (even after a reboot), thats good again, at least one lest thing to navigate.

So from now playing it goes like this;

long press of play/pause
one press of play/pause (if the EQ is highlighted as stated above)
then use slider to select custom 1,2,3 or 4
press play/pause one more time.

So far i haven't found the UI to being that bad.

Im pretty sure i haven't got replaygain working right, im sure i disabled it. What i found was happening is some of my fav songs had their volume extremely lowered (even max volume wasn't near loud enough for me) so i took it off. But the distortion thing was happening regardless, so yeh some investigating/self education needs to happen there. (and yeh i did try clipping and unclipping to see if it helped)

Now that i have the i9, i dont think it comes with replaygain, so i might have to use foobar or summin to replaygain the files themselves and then copy to player to get a constant level for all tracks happening, that right? Any further links/guidance in this matter would be appreciated.
I pretty much want to set volume at a level i like then slip the player into hold and use the -+ buttons as fwd prev

Last edited by skip252; 07-16-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: posts merged

Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, a proper EQ setting (be it one that adjusts the sound, or a flat setting that disables the EQ) should be the same for all the music you have. I've never thought that switching for different genres, etc, was a good idea. ...
I like to EQ for different IEMs/headphones that may need a little oomph in one area or another, not for any specific music. This is what's so nice about this player, it gives you 4 user-defined presets you can save for different headphone/IEM tweaks.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^^ Yeh that's noteworthy, and to have them accessed that quickly is not too shabby at all, a big + in my book.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I like to EQ for different IEMs/headphones that may need a little oomph in one area or another, not for any specific music. This is what's so nice about this player, it gives you 4 user-defined presets you can save for different headphone/IEM tweaks.
I've done the same thing, both on the i9 when I had it, and with Rockbox....because certainly some headphones are better or worse at various frequency ranges. I always had separate EQ settings for Sennheiser and Grado, for example, as you might expect.