android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 PM

Default SGP 5.0 or wait for 4.2?

I know it will be hard to get a fair comparison as the 4.2 is not available yet and no one has got to use it much. But I have a few questions when trying to decide which version to get.

1. Is the screen size going to be noticeable. I am hoping to use the player for some simple gaming, listening to MP3 and surfing/youtube. I doubt I will try to watch any full length feature films on it. So is 5" really needed?

2. Is 4.2 more likely to get updates like ICS than the 5.0? Is ICS that much better for simple tasks like music and gaming?

3. 5.0 seems to have a lot more like higher MP in camera/flash, bigger battery, bigger screen. Is there something I am missing in the specs for the 4.2 that would make it better than the 5.0?

4. For portability is 5" too big? I have made some cardboard models as close to specs as I can for both. The 5" does not seem as bad as it sounds. The Staples in my town only has 4" and they can not turn it on for me to try it out.

I have tried going through a lot of these forums and got a lot of good information. Just not a lot on if people are waiting for 4.2 or not. Your input would be much appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]