android
Old 05-03-2012, 07:38 AM

Default Is it possible to sync ratings to the Walkman?

I am trying to learn how to use a new Sony Walkman E354. I can successfully transfer tracks from the computer to the player using either MediaMonkey or Winamp. (I would prefer MediaMonkey, but so far haven't heard how to create or manage playlists for the player using MediaMonkey; I'd love to hear if anyone knows how to do it for large numbers of tracks without Winamp or WMP.)

The problem I am having is that in the process of being transferred, the tracks are stripped of the ratings I spent hours and hours making. Is there a way to preserve the ratings on transfer?

I assume there may be a way to redo all of the ratings within the player itself (haven't tried it), but that would take forever with over 3,000 tracks to go through.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 PM

As far as I know, Walkman players don't use ratings directly on the player. I checked the files on my current Walkman (an NWZ-E465) via Windows Explorer and the rating is in the file's properties (as "User Rating") as a two-digit number, with a rating of "99" for a five-star song. However, my player doesn't have a way to access those ratings directly.

One way to make use ratings on the player is to create autoplaylists based on ratings and then load those autoplaylists on your player. As an example, I have an autoplaylist in MediaMonkey called "Favorites" that contains all tracks rated five stars, sorted alphabetically, that I load on my player. At one time I also had other autoplaylists that subdivided many of my favorites by genre (pop, classical, country, comedy, and so on) and mood (happy, upbeat, and sad).
MediaMonkey 4, Content Transfer, and Media Go 2.5,
Headphones: Sony Ear Clips &
Sony MDR-ZX100 Heaphones

Tags
e354, mediamonkey, ratings, sync, tags