android
Old 05-09-2012, 02:59 PM

Default MP3 Tag Display

Hi all,

Just got the X7.

Can this thing not display the year, the album, composer and other information for the song that's playing...?

Thanks
M

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 AM

Sadly no. It shows title and artist and that is all. I found this quite annoying, so I swapped artist and album name in my tags, so at least I could see the name of the album. There is an easy way to do this using "Tag & Rename" software which can swap artist with album name for a whole batch in one go.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 AM

Thanks Resiak. Does lyric mode in settings do anything? Do any of the custom GUIs improve matters?

Cheers
Mus

Old 05-11-2012, 07:22 AM

I did try a different GUI once but felt the original one is better so I went back to it.
The lyric mode works well, but first you have to download the lyrics by installing
iAudio LDB, which is free from Cowon's site. You will have to work out how to use the software, but basically you have to select all your tracks by pointing to the correct folder where the music is and the software will download all the lyrics it can find. You will only get perhaps 20 per cent of the titles. Once that is done, with lyrics on, the words are highlighted, as in Karaoke, as the song is sung. Quite good.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:27 PM

Thanks again Resiak.

I guess 'Open' will show me the Album list and I always append the Year to that at least.

I got the lyric software but it can't seem to connect to a network or get any lyrics. More poorly supported proprietary software.

I can't seem to get any help on iAudiophile forums to install a custom GUI on firmware 2.08 to try it out.

One thing I miss from my iRiver H140 is Replaygain. I guess the only solution is to permanently alter the volume of my collection, if that is still possible, something I'm loathe to do. I hate to be surprised by dangerous volume changes and I like the Next/Prev track functionality of the Vol buttons in Hold mode as well.

I have a couple of days to make up my mind whether to send the player back and these are the issues I have.

Otherwise I kind of like the feel of it and the capacity. iPod Classic has some advantages - apart from iTunes of course.

Cheers
M