android
Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 PM

Default Need Equalizer for IE8

i have ie8 sennheiser and my player is sansa clip rockboxed !
i really need some ready eq file for (Rock -Trance- pop - samphoney metal) genre i m confused with eq option in sansa
Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Here's the setting I like with my IE8 in Rockbox.

Just copy the .cfg into the /.rockbox/eqs folder on your player and give it a try.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg IE8.cfg (407 Bytes, 137 views)

Old 05-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Just copy the .cfg into the /.rockbox/eqs folder on your player and give it a try.
Thanks ..
Its Good
you using This eq for what Music Genre

Old 05-11-2012, 05:09 PM

I don't EQ my music, I EQ my headphones. This is meant to fix the flaws of the IE8 for my ears and taste, and I use it with everything, from audiobooks to dubstep.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:

Is this compatible with other iem's ???

Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 AM

Sure it might work with other phones too - depending on your taste and how your IEMs are tuned.

What my IE8 EQ setting does is basically an advanced loudness contour curve: boost deep bass (band 1, lower shelf) / remove midbass hump (band 2) / boost treble (band 5, upper shelf) while removing increased sibilance (band 4). The band that cuts the sibilance might have to be adjusted slightly up or down for different phones, that 7.6kHz sibilance is rather specific to the IE8.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:11 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sure it might work with other phones too - depending on your taste and how your IEMs are tuned.

What my IE8 EQ setting does is basically an advanced loudness contour curve: boost deep bass (band 1, lower shelf) / remove midbass hump (band 2) / boost treble (band 5, upper shelf) while removing increased sibilance (band 4). The band that cuts the sibilance might have to be adjusted slightly up or down for different phones, that 7.6kHz sibilance is rather specific to the IE8.

Your Ie8 setup is better than the stock eq cfg's on rockbox now im having a eargasma on playing pop, dance & trance tunes...

Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:

1-What is the best Player for Ie8
2- is it good i buy (fiio e11 or cMoyBB v2.03 Headphone Amplifier or fiio e6) or any thing with Good Advance And lower price!
I really want to know what is the best pakage for Ie8 (Player+amp)

Old 05-19-2012, 04:05 PM

APPRECIATE TO ANYONE CAN GIVE me littLE ADVICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fereydoon1 View Post
1-What is the best Player for Ie8
2- is it good i buy (fiio e11 or cMoyBB v2.03 Headphone Amplifier or fiio e6) or any thing with Good Advance And lower price!
I really want to know what is the best pakage for Ie8 (Player+amp)

Old 05-21-2012, 05:45 PM

A Zip should do an OK job with 32 ohm in-ears like these, but if you do want to get a headphone amp, an E7 or E6 should be better suited than an E11 (which is geared more towards higher-impedance, "full-grown" headphones).

Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyb_gr View Post
A Zip should do an OK job with 32 ohm in-ears like these, but if you do want to get a headphone amp, an E7 or E6 should be better suited than an E11 (which is geared more towards higher-impedance, "full-grown" headphones).
finally someone see this Thread

I can n,t find zip But i have sansa clip v1
is it good connect fiio e6+clip zip
i have cowon i9 too

Old 05-28-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Hi, I tried your settings, but the low end is heavily distorted while listening hard trance..

Old 05-28-2012, 12:37 PM

try this one, it has a bit more clarity than dfkts eq preset and less bass. I'm using this one all the time. Let me hear if you like it or not
Attached Files
File Type: cfg IE82.cfg (394 Bytes, 75 views)

Last edited by sjondenon; 05-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:17 PM

The Middbass hump on the Ie8 seems to be around the 100hz mark, and as there's quite a wide Q around that mark, i suggest people to lower the db of 170hz - 200 hz by quite a bit, say -7db, Q = normal (or "1" on the clip+) to remove the hump. A slight boost at 11,500hz helps brighten the image.

Last edited by fluidz; 05-29-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: posts merged