android
Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 AM

Default Micro SDXC card 64gig ?

Hello All,

Ok I have just got this new 64gig SDXC card and I am trying to get it to be recognised in my Rockboxed Sansa Fuze, at present I can not even getting the Windows 7 Pc to recognise it, it just says does not recognise the card etc Any help would be appreciated ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM

Ok i am responding to my own thread but I am not sure what I have done I used the programs supplied in other help threads first 'guiformat' andthen 'fat32formater' (didnt work as far as I can tell with both programs given error messages and it looked very dodgy with words not spelled correctly etc) and i thought that its bricked the card, I then put it in my Android Samsung Galaxy 2 and reformated the card, the card now shows as a fat32 card and shows about 59gigs free, I transfered a music file and it played great in Rockbox so it is now transferring all my 32gig music files, i guess when done I will have to change the drive letter like before to recognize my playlists and I am hoping it will work as 59gigs, happy days at the mo but I am expecting some windows error to pop up, fingers crossed it doesn't

Old 01-19-2013, 02:55 PM

OK it says 12 hours remaining to transfer the files via the fuze, i think it would have been better to transfer through the card reader adapter etc not via the fuze connected

Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 PM

All playing great

Being a class 10 card it appears to update quicker on the 'refresh' when updated when in the original Sansa operating system. When in Rockbox it takes a little longer for artwork to show up when playing a song etc, about a 1-2 second delay but this may be because the database is still updating in the background i dunno, but very pleased with what I have i guess about about 68gigs in total, lets see how long the battery holds out because the charge is not as good as it was and when the battery finally does go I guess it will be a Sansa Clip Zip which will be the next best player