android
Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
but what I meant as disgraceful is the fact that not one review has covered the sound quality of the device yet, and not this review in particular. I did not mean to diminish her in any way.

It's just a symptom of what has been mentioned before about how people review products for what they would like, or expect them to do, instead of focusing on the product's key functions. Her review is more unbiased and objective than others out there, but still misses the key feature of the product.

I may send her an email about the sound issue. But then, I might as well write to every one that has reviewed the player so far...
I've only seen the audio quality mentioned in one, I think.....the CNET one.
Quote:
Audio performance
To my ears, the Galaxy Player 4.2 gives the best sound of Samsung's Player series. During playback I heard none of the hiss and interference that was present when I listened to music on the Player 4.0 and 5.0. The default sound quality is a little narrow with a midfocused nasal quality, but once you kick in Samsung's SoundAlive audio enhancement settings, it's hard to put down. Of course, you can go overboard with the included 3D audio options or virtual concert hall reverbs, but if you exercise some restraint it's easy to dial in great sound.
Of course, he never differentiated in the sound between the 4.0 and 5.0 in his earlier reviews, and I thought the 4.2 and 4.0 had the same audio chip, which is different from the 5.0, so he may be talking out of his behind....lol.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]