android
Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 AM

Default Mic Gain

I have found (and posted here about) that the Mic Gain on my SGP5 is low when I'm using Google Voice/Video, Jeannie, Eva, and not quite as low but still low when using Skype. This is with the SGP5 at arms length, and at that distance Jeannie and Eva use is marginal. If I close talk the SGP5, using it like a phone, then the mic audio level is fine. I did try the supplied Voice Recorder app and it appears to set the Mic Gain to a acceptable level for arms length dictation so I don't think the Mic Gain is a issue specific to my SGP5, but a app setting which there is none available.

I would like to play more with the Jeannie and Eva apps but using it like a phone just takes some of the fun and usefulness out of it.

Anyhow, I have not found anything (rooted or not) that would allow me access to a Mic Gain adjustment, any suggestions?

tnx
George

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 AM

No, I have not either.
when I found out the stock Voice Recorder app made weird files (non-mp3), I went out and got Tape Machine, which is awesome, and records AIFF (mac), MP3 (at user set-able bitrate), WAV, FLAc and ogg!
It has auto -gain which works very well in very diverse environments as well as a manually set-able gain.

But for general microphone use by the device, no I have not seen a setting to adjust gain. sorry.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
But for general microphone use by the device, no I have not seen a setting to adjust gain. sorry.
Yup, that's what I was afraid of. Too bad because It would be fun to play with Jeannie and Eva, but not having to hold it like a phone or yell. I have a also have a Polaroid 7" tablet and Jeannie hears me fine at arms length on it, but my wife is using the that tab so I'm stuck with my SGP5.

tnx for confirming what I have found (nothing). I may write the author of Eva and see if mic gain can be in a future version.

George