android
Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Use your Zen while it charges

I posted this as a reply to another topic, but thought you all might like to know about it, if you didn't already...

There is a very simple way to accomplish this...

1. Connect your player.

2. Right click on the little sync manager icon in your tray and select "Exit" Also, make sure that all of your creative applications that access the device are closed, just to be sure. Don't worry about going into the Task Manager and killing things, it's not necessary.

After this look at the screen on your player, it should be back to normal mode and show that it's charging.

To access the player again through windows simply go to Start/All Programs/Creative and select "Creative Sync Manager" After a few seconds it will recognize your player and start working again. (By the way, you can do this without disconnecting and reconnecting the player)

Simple eh?

Also, if you have a Dish network receiver with a usb port on the back, you can charge from there Unfortunately you can't do anything else with it. Edit: You can use the Zen though while it's charging.

Hope that helps some of you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 AM

This was on XP, I don't know if it works on other OS's or not, I would assume so.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:34 AM

Unfortunately doesn't work!

I disabled all the creative software I had - and still the "Charging..." is on the screen.

OS - Windows XP SP2, the player has the latest firmware (something like 1.10.03)

any ideas? =)