android
Old 02-13-2012, 12:36 PM

Default Can anyone explain how AllShare app works?

The "Help" in the app is useless. How the heck does this work?
Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 PM

It's a DLNA based service that allows you to stream videos, music and pictures to another AllShare device. I believe Allshare is just limited to Samsung products. There are other apps that use DLNA and you can use that as well.

Just turn both devices and they should see each other. Then you can stream whatever you need from the source to the destination.

For example, I use the SGP 5.0 and stream through to my Samsung DVD player which is connected to my TV. (There is no DLNA for my TV unfortunately).

To do this (I am doing this from memory since I'm not home now ...)

SGP 5.0 -> All Share App -> play file from my phone on other player -> select file
Samsung DVD Player -> Devices -> Ability to select & play the file.

I think you can do this the other way around as well.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 PM

Default Allshare is not limited to Samsung devices

"I believe Allshare is just limited to Samsung products."

What you "believe" is not only irrelevant , in this case it is incorrect. It is not limited to Samsung devices.

You can play videos or music sitting on your computer (if you allow it to share), on Apple share devices or anything that is DNLA-compliant. In a BestBuy store my Galaxy found multiple sharing devices, including an Apple server, and I was able to play videos from it on my device.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM

Thanks for correcting. I wasn't sure since AllShare is a Samsung app - DLNA is not however.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:14 PM

Thanks. How do you enable sharing off your home PC?

Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Some people use Twonky or Windows Media Player. I haven't tried either since I also have WD Live Hub to stream from my Network to the PC.

You can follow the directions here (just google "stream pc to tv dlna") but it looks pretty thorough.

http://www.techerator.com/2010/11/ev...-media-player/

Old 04-12-2014, 01:03 PM

Smile samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 sony bravia allshare samsung link

Allshare is now known as samsung link. I wanted to stream video from a website straight to my 2014 sony bravia from my galaxy tab 3 8.0. I searched and searched for an app to do it (as screen mirroring was proving to be unstable and anoying for full length vids) nothing worked how I wanted it to ( I.e played a movie in real time straight from a site. The vid had to be downloaded onto the tab3 first then the tv could play it.) I accidently stumbled upon samsung link already installed as stock on my tab 3. So I opened the app, registered it, added my device to my tv again and then when I played a vid from online, using the stock android video player, the allshare icon appeared in the top left corner of the video being played and when pressed my tv name was there, when pressed the video overides whatever channel your tv is on (you dont have to change the input.) With the video on your tab 3.
Perfect and hasnt cut out once.