android
Old 06-02-2012, 08:20 PM

Default Unable to DL Apps in Google Play (Market)

Well since (1) I am still unable to revive my beloved Creative Zen Vision M, Creative Zen Sleek and/or my Zune with new batteries (2) And since I refuse to buy the Classic Ipod to clog up my hard drive with that invasive devil known as Itunes (which also doesn't give me control I desire) ... I went out and purchased a Samsung Galaxy player 4.0 to use as my daily MP3 player.

It has a replaceable battery which means it will never be totally dead like my aforementioned players and I can add as much music as I want by using up to 32GB micro sd cards. I am stoked! I should have done this sooner, but since I hadn't been on this forum in a while while my mp3 players were out of order, I was sorely lacking in the awareness of this great device (LOL) In fact since the purchase I see there is a 6 inch that I slept on - but the 4 inch was on sale for 159$ and that was easier on my wallet.

I have run into the following problems so far and I hope some of you long time users can help me with.

(1) When I try to dowlnoad an app I get the error message "package file is invalid"

(2) I also get the error "Couldn'tload screen shots" while in the google market/play.

(3) Finally I can't even find the Amazon AppStore in the Google Market. No matter what I search for it won't show up for selection. I purchased Tapatalk from Amazon, to read forums on my T-Mobile Galaxy Tablet and wanted to use it on this Player since it has Wi-Fi.

So any1 know what these errors mean. I was able to log on before and set up my google mail, download some of my favorite free apps, etc - but all of a sudden today things aren't working for me. I rebooted but still the same problems.

PS #4. Almost forgot - I downloaded Kies thinking I could use it to load the music on my sd card but it doesn't seem to recognize my player. Doesn't Kies work with the Player? OR is it only for Samsung phones?

I am open to any and all advise. I really like this new toy and don't want to return it to Best Buy.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Sondan; 06-02-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: forgot issue#4

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2012, 01:31 AM

go thru your web browser to amazon on the player and click over to the android apps section, I forget the rest of the process but you should be able to get the amazon app store that way, don't forget to go into applications and "check" unknown sources, other wise the amazon app won't install and neither will any app downloaded thru it.

As for the other items just try again later.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:24 PM

Ok, first make sure that your time, date, and time zone are correctly set. Android has a hard time connecting to servers if the time settings are incorrect. If the Play store is still not working correctly then you will need to clear its cache and data, you can do this by following this guide: http://www.thespicygadgematics.com/2...s-invalid.html

That should reset everything for the Play store, it might revert back to the "Android Market" so let it update after you clear everything out.

As for the Amazon App Store, the reason you can't find it is because it's not available in the Play store. You have to download it straight from amazon, try this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1000626391

The Kies software that is available from Samsung's site is very old and needs to be updated. Start Kies and then update it from the menu, once you have the latest version it should recognize your player.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:52 PM

I forgot to mention that in order for Kies to work your player had to be in "Samsung Kies" mode. On your player, go to menu > Wireless and network > USB settings and then tap Samsung Kies.

Also, if all you want to do is load music on it then you don't need Kies. When you plug it into your computer you have the option of using it as a mass storage device. Your internal memory and the SDcard memory will show up as two different drives on your PC. I prefer this method as it lets me set up the folders like how I want.

Alternatively you can also set your player to "Media player" mode and use of of the many popular media manager programs for PC. For example, you can manage your music with Winamp or Songbird, although I have not personally checked to see if the Galaxy players are compatible with those.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 PM

Just wanted to drop back in to say thank you. I now have my Amazon Appstore loaded. I played around but was still unable to connect to KIES so I am just loading my music on a microSD card using a card reader.

Thanks again gents for your advice.

Also reading this thread has been quite informative so far.
I am loving my SGP 4.0 -- but I still miss my Creative Players.