android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > iRiver > iriver clix2 (U20)

Old 01-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Arrow Are you curious how the “Clix 2” will look like?

There is an interesting article at engadget.com:

iriver set to launch W10, Clix2 and B20 at CES

Last edited by haptic; 04-22-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-04-2007, 01:36 PM

I was under the impression that the clix 2 will look a lot like the clix now. Also, supposed to be in 2, 4, and 8 gig sizes as well as support full 30fps video.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 01-04-2007, 02:10 PM

Question I am not quite sure whether I will like the form factor

Hi Gorcorps, I am not quite sure whether I will like the form factor of the Clix 2.

Of course they have to offer something new after a while, but it is hard to tell by just one photograph.

I think I will feel comfortable with my brand new Clix 4GB for a while since the screen resolution apparently is QVGA again.

At least the 30 fps video frame rate seems to be confirmed by Scott Janousek (Adobe Flash Mobile Evangelist).

Old 01-04-2007, 04:45 PM

Yup that looks about right, cept I get my news from Jeff over at MisticRiver
http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=50622
Anyway looks like it will have a more beveled look to it compared to the original clix. Plus it has a standard USB port instead of the proprietary junk they've been using.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Default eh...

I liked the flat surface better than the new curvey one. To me, the flat surface just look cleaner, slick, and more professional. With the curves it looks a little "toyish" (using the term lightly), especially the huge amount of space on the left and right hand sides. Way I see it, it kinda creates a problem if you like to orient the screen vertically and use your Clix that way. In no way does it look bad, I just liked the old look better. I think they should've kept the old flat look, but just thinned it down to about what it is now. This looks a lot like a Nintendo DS and a Archos Gmini 400 series without front buttons and a larger screen.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:41 AM

Question Are they aiming more in the gaming direction at iRiver's?

Hi s.zhao289, I totally agree with you, that's exactly what I wanted to say. I also agree with you on the landscape mode, so they seem to like the Nintendo DS direction (and their own G10 approach, of course).

May be we will see one of these impressive Hitachi like displays with a higher screen resolution (800×480 on a 2.9″ display) in the future.

The most important thing to me is that iRiver is alive and kicking!

Old 01-05-2007, 04:25 PM

Yeah, true but I had been waiting out on the original clix for the clix2 but I think I'm gonna just go ahead and get the current 4gb clix unless the thing has a huge improvement in battery life or something. If not, the new cowon D2 looks pretty sweet, 52 hours of battery life is something to behold :P.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:17 PM

http://www.engadget.com/photos/iriver-clix-2-hands-on/

some pictures of the new clix. Apparently, the 2gb version has the black backing, according to jeff at misticriver, there is one with a white back in the photo though I don't know which it is. Hopefully it's not 4gb as that's the one I had planned on getting. Sorry for double posting

Old 01-09-2007, 02:33 AM

Cool I have to admit that I like the U20 (Clix 2) much better now

Hello s.zhao289, Thank you for the link, now I get a better idea of the U20 (Clix 2). No, the “normal” Clix 4GB has a black back side. So don’t worry, it really looks good.

I have to admit that I like the U20 much better now than I thought before, based only on one photograph. If they offer the player at an acceptable price here in Europe, I am convinced it will be a great success. Even more so, since the U10 has been out for a long time now and nothing happens in this direction anymore.

No more glowing effect around the words of the chosen menu then. Probably an all black wallpaper will look much better on the U20 in comparison to one on the current Clix. Perhaps they have removed the radiant gradient in the top left corner too which looks a bit clumsy (because of the color depth of the Clix) if you choose an all black wallpaper.

I think the video frame rate of 30 fps is something worth to wait for. On the other hand I could not wait any longer for the 4GB Clix myself—just watching photographs and unboxing pictures of it.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:19 PM

Do we know a price yet - more of a street price estimate on the larger memory models?

Old 01-12-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar1969 View Post
Do we know a price yet - more of a street price estimate on the larger memory models?
no, iriver is keeping it pretty close to themselves until they're about ready to release them

Old 01-12-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.zhao2891 View Post
http://www.engadget.com/photos/iriver-clix-2-hands-on/

some pictures of the new clix. Apparently, the 2gb version has the black backing, according to jeff at misticriver, there is one with a white back in the photo though I don't know which it is. Hopefully it's not 4gb as that's the one I had planned on getting. Sorry for double posting
On a CES video I saw they guy said he was playing with an 8gig, and it was a white back. Maybe every capacity comes in both?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:31 PM

Smile Clix 2 will support Adobe Flash Lite 2.1

There are some new deep links in Scott Janousek’s blog to (Korean) content of iRiver’s CES coverage (including a hands on Clix 2 video).

This means we can probably expect some new games and applications for the Clix family in the future.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:16 PM

Question Do you follow the Clix countdown?

Latest official iRiver news about the new Clix.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:15 AM

Smile There will be a cradle to charge the Clix 2—a lanyard and a stylish armband too

Yes, there will be a cradle to charge the Clix 2 which doubles as a tool to hold the Clix in a chosen position when watching videos. Good idea!

The headphones come in form of a lanyard which can be altered to “normal” headphones if you do not like that (by cutting those small pieces of plastic, which I will do right away).

And there seems to be a very stylish armband which allows you to actually wear the new Clix. I am really impressed.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:43 PM

wow! ... im sold on this new version.. it looks so clean, slim, and small and with all the improvements in the works... it definately will give ipod a run for its money.... i was gonna buy a 4gig, but i think im gonna wait till this one comes out and buy its biggest version hopefully the 8gig that keeps getting mentioned...

Old 02-11-2007, 03:16 PM

Smile The “normal” iPods look rather boring in comparison to the new Clix

Hi, Tejan0, I think you are right, people will love the new Clix—and Apple will have to wait for their new phone/pmp to impress somebody.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:49 AM

Smile Speaker integrated in the cradle—excellent! Clix will support Podcasts as well.

All right, the latest news: there is a speaker integrated in the cradle (and fortunately some more English words in iRivers’ Korean text).

Oh, yes—the new Clix will be able to play Podcasts.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:27 PM

The Clix 2 looks sweet! Any idea when its going to come over to the states? I am not a patient person so I might buy a clix 4gb before the new models come over.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:55 AM

The stores have abandoned iriver. The only way to get a hold of one is through a store online, like iriver's estore, or www.misticaudio.net when they're in stock... which should be within the month for the 2 and 4gig versions. The 8gig isn't coming out til late march or april.