android
Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 PM

Default YP-G70CWY (US Version) Firmware please!

Can anyone point me to any flashable firmware for the Galaxy 5.0 (US)? I don't care if it is stock or custom, just something that will work. Right now I need to reflash with new firmware because I messed it up..

Thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 AM

Here's my list of stable ROMs(firmware) for the Samsung Galaxy 5.0:

Eryigit-GB-2.3.6 G70ZCKPA ROM (based off of Chinese ROM and heavily modified.)

Eryigit-GB-2.3.6 G70XXKPH ROM (based off of European ROM and lightly modified)

Mostly Stock 2.3.5 ROM (This was created by xda-developers user "Meticulus" and is stock but is pre-rooted and has the Chainfire3D OpenGL driver installed. Both of which can be removed for a completely stock ROM. Please don't use the included PIT file unless someone directs you to use it, it will probably makes things worse for you. Note: Meticulus has deleted most of his posts but I found a post here where someone quoted him giving info about his stock ROM.)

I also wrote a guide for flashing new ROMs here, but that guide assumes that your player is still working so I don't know how much help it will be to you. Anyways, good luck.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:45 PM

Sanchez,

what're the benefit of one Eryigit build over the other (ie KPH vs CKPA)? The Chinese-based stock has a ton of details about it, but the Euro-based stock doesn't say much. Rather, The thread on XDA doesn't.

great guide, btw. also, does a battery calibration need to be done after flashing, if done while 100% battery?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM

The European ROM was intentionally left mostly unmodified for people that like a stock style experiance. v1.0 of the Euro ROM is just a pre-rooted stock ROM. In v1.5 he added and updated some apps but there's nothing there that isn't already in the Chinese based ROM. His post lists the changes between v1 and v1.5.

Personally I use the Euro v1.5 ROM, I like the small changes he made. I did try the latest Chinese based ROM but there was an aggressive memory saver thing installed on it, I felt like it was interfering with some of my apps but I was never really sure.

Also, I've never heard of anyone needing to do a battery calibration after flashing a ROM so don't think it's needed. FYI: I remember one of the kernel devs on XDA was saying that most people's problems with the battery meter is because Samsung uses a poor method for calculating the battery percentage and that sometimes it gets stuck.