android
Old 06-23-2012, 10:28 PM

Default X7 Stuck "updating database"

So, before I start, let me say that I've looked at threads with similar titles, and nothing has helped.

I travel a lot for work, so I haven't really been home for the last 2 months, long enough for it to make it so I can't send my X7 back to Amazon.

So, it started up fine originally, and worked, and I moved all of my music to it. ALL of it, which was roughly 125 GB. As I unplugged, everything was fine, but it could never get past "updating database". I tried to replug it in, and my computer didn't recognize it's existence. I've reset it many times over the course of this past week or so, and nothing has helped. Every time it just gets past initializing and gets stuck on "updating database".

Is there anything I can do, or did I just burn roughly $300 for nothing?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-24-2012, 04:32 AM

It is hopefully not much of a problem. I would download the firmware v2.09 from cowonglobal.com and follow instructions on how to save the unzipped files. You may have done this already or your cowon may have come with this version, but I have found that upgrading or just reinstalling the firmware usually solves most problems. Wish you luck!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Unfortunately, I can't even get my computer to see that it exists when I plug it in, because I can't get it past the opening screen