android
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default New Sansa MP3 player?

Anyone heard of anything from sansa of late? I'm itching for a new toy...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think someone mentioned a possible Fuze update around August. But, they were polling on Facebook about making an Android device. I pray it's not,...they really wouldn't know what they're doing. I'm still pissed over that stupid-azz fuze+ I bought & traded. If it had tactile controls I'd never have gotten rid of it.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Agreed. Wait, I still have mine.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 PM

I actually like my fuze+ with rockbox. it's my main player right now. that being said i'm trying to expand my taste in music so am dumping albums on it and putting it on shuffle and locking it. if you where gonna try and change songs without taking it out of your pocket though then yeah forget about it. also the of is totally unresponsive. you'd be suprised though how responsive it is with the current build of rockbox

Old 06-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Anyone heard of anything from sansa of late? I'm itching for a new toy...
They usually refresh things late August/early September. But given their track record with the Fuze+, and the way they haven't answered user requests with the Clip Zip, I'm not exactly brimming with confidence that they'll come out with something good.

That said, I hope they prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
I actually like my fuze+ with rockbox. it's my main player right now. that being said i'm trying to expand my taste in music so am dumping albums on it and putting it on shuffle and locking it. if you where gonna try and change songs without taking it out of your pocket though then yeah forget about it. also the of is totally unresponsive. you'd be suprised though how responsive it is with the current build of rockbox
I put that latest build on mine last night, and the controls are still unacceptable. I had another player like this with a control touch pad, a Samsung Q2, and that player was much easier to operate.

It's really a shame, given that it is a sexy looking piece of hardware, sized right for a legible screen and decent battery life, and it puts out good sound.....but I rarely use mine. If I had a car, I would use it in shuffle mode in the car.....lol.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 AM

weird we must have different hands. or maybe i just spend way too much time using toucnscreens that i've become accustomed too them

Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I would use it in shuffle mode in the car.....lol.
that is exactly what I do. in car or at pool, shuffle mode only

Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM

I personally wouldn't mind a android device from sandisk but if it still is android 2.3 then forget it.

They should still update the fuze line as well though. The android device would be nice to replace the sansa view since there really wasn't anything ever released to replace that specific product

Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Android to me is not an mp3 player, its so much more. So i would be hesitant to thinking sansa would get this right first go. Personally I just want more tactile mp3 players from them, in different sizes with better battery life etc.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Android to me is not an mp3 player, its so much more. So i would be hesitant to thinking sansa would get this right first go.
Especially given their recent track record...lol.
Quote:
Personally I just want more tactile mp3 players from them, in different sizes with better battery life etc.
I have no idea what to expect from them this summer, if anything.....but the last time they really tried something new, we got the Fuze+. So I'm a bit skeptical regarding this year....

Old 07-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh have a little faith!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sandisk can't do an Android player,...it'd make the Cowon Z-whatever seem like a device from GOD!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 PM

I did some thinking and now think maybe they would not do a very good android player since they don't have any prior android phones or other devices. I say this because samsung made the galaxy players based around their android phones same with sony. I also remember cowons first android player (I forget the model d3 was it) I remember hearing that from an android aspect was crap and they had no prior android devices. This got me thinknig that maybe they better not do an android player unless they partner up with a phone company on the project which I don't see happening

Old 07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just want the Fuze's and clips to have babies and see what comes out the other end

Old 07-10-2012, 11:52 PM

^^lol be careful what u wish for that could go one of 2 ways or both

1 a smaller version of the fuze with a crappy touch screen trying to rival the current ipod nano

or

2. a bigger version of the current clip zip featuring tactical controls and the bigger screen like on the fuze+

One of those two is likely to happen I just hope it isn't the touch screen or touch anything that the fuze used to be. But I also hole the scroll wheel doesn't come back either at least not the same kind as the original fuze as it broke with the same problem on 3 different units. Maybe they could bring back the e200 style wheel

Old 07-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Option #2 sounds great to me!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Option #2 sounds great to me!!!
Agreed.....no scroll wheel. I want a nice separate volume control along with buttons for the other controls.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I wouldn't mind at all if they even upped the price substantially if they had a nice screen, i really saw no point in the clipzips screen. Compared to the ipod nano screen (which is about same size) its just a poor man's joke.
Of course, the clips will always sell to the semi audiophiles (etc), but if they want to REALLY rival the ipod they essentially just need the clipzip done again but this time with a competitive screen.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't mind at all if they even upped the price substantially if they had a nice screen, i really saw no point in the clipzips screen. Compared to the ipod nano screen (which is about same size) its just a poor man's joke.
Of course, the clips will always sell to the semi audiophiles (etc), but if they want to REALLY rival the ipod they essentially just need the clipzip done again but this time with a competitive screen.
the fuze+ has a really nice screen and it's only $50 right now. if they keep it the same but add some kind of clip zip like controls i'm in. the fuze+ has some great rockbox themes so it's a pleasure to use on shuffle mode. unfortunately my clip+ died and my zip was stolen so it's my only player right now so i'm kind of looking for something with physical controls. i don't want to get a old fuze i've never had good luck with them. allso don't want to use any more proprietary connectors. here's hoping sansa listens to their customers

Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I loved my sansa c200's look and feel. If they would combind the design of the c200 with a similar size of the Clip+ and throw in a quality screen then we'd have a great player.
Clip Zip [4gb+32gb], iriver B100 [4gb+32gb], Cilp+[8gb+8gb], iriver SPINN [4gb], Phillips GoGear SA6000 [8gb], Creative Zen [2gb+4gb], Sansa C200[2gb+2gb], ilo Player [1gb+2gb], mobiblu DAH 220 Cassette MP3 player, Rio Diamond.