android
Old 07-11-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGusBus View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I loved my sansa c200's look and feel. If they would combind the design of the c200 with a similar size of the Clip+ and throw in a quality screen then we'd have a great player.

Wouldn't that be like a clip+ with color screen? I like the c200 never owned one but now the design seems a little dated

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Wouldn't that be like a clip+ with color screen? I like the c200 never owned one but now the design seems a little dated

Dated? It might just be me, but the c200 looks like something out of Tron. So I'm not sure that it would be dated. old skool maybe, but not dated(imo). And the Clip+ has a very small screen. As much as I like the Clip+ it would be nice to have a larger screen.
Clip Zip [4gb+32gb], iriver B100 [4gb+32gb], Cilp+[8gb+8gb], iriver SPINN [4gb], Phillips GoGear SA6000 [8gb], Creative Zen [2gb+4gb], Sansa C200[2gb+2gb], ilo Player [1gb+2gb], mobiblu DAH 220 Cassette MP3 player, Rio Diamond.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM

thats what I meant dated almost from back in the day mp3 players took AAA batteries and lasted only 8 hours on them

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM

Haha! Yeah, those were the good ol' days. I remember when I got my iriver. I couldn't believe that it lasted longer then a day! Anyways, I guess that as long as it has a larger screen then the Clip+ and better quality then the Zip I'd be over joyed!
Clip Zip [4gb+32gb], iriver B100 [4gb+32gb], Cilp+[8gb+8gb], iriver SPINN [4gb], Phillips GoGear SA6000 [8gb], Creative Zen [2gb+4gb], Sansa C200[2gb+2gb], ilo Player [1gb+2gb], mobiblu DAH 220 Cassette MP3 player, Rio Diamond.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmm... i might buy a fuze+, these days all i do is listen to my player on shuffle anyways...

They going so cheap.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:01 AM

Just landed a 4gb Clip Zip for $29 on amazon. Should be here in a few days!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I bought the i9, same should be here in a few days, so exciting isn't it. The only time i get excited about stuff that arrives in the post is mp3 players lol. Makes me feel 10yrs old again hahaha

Old 07-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
I bought the i9, same should be here in a few days, so exciting isn't it. The only time i get excited about stuff that arrives in the post is mp3 players lol. Makes me feel 10yrs old again hahaha
Can't help but chuckle. You start a thread wanting something new from Sansa, and buy a Cowon player from 2009 (same age as a Clip+).

Oh well, enjoy your new (to you) toy.

Steve

Old 07-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh lol i'm so impatient. I guess i kinda figured the next toy from sansa would be android based so i'm not holding my breath...
But anyway, if its a good sansa player it will make it into my collection regardless.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As long as it wasn't another stupid ass fuze+ it's all good!!!

Old 07-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

im curious to see this fuze+

Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
im curious to see this fuze+
Remember, curiosity killed the cat and looks can be deceiving

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Administrator

TBH if it's cheap enough and fully returnable I don't think it's too bad an idea. It's not like it's horrendous with the last firmware. It's just really disappointing. Even the level of disappointment depends on the user.

There's one in my household that I refuse to aggravate myself using anymore. The person that owns it doesn't love it but it fits their use pattern and budget. They're a "load up a playlist and let it roll uninterrupted during the commute" user. I use playlists but there's several times a day a song or situation makes me want to hear a particular other song. That's when the suck kicks in.

When the desire to play a single song hits every other player I own or use lets me pull it out, unlock it, navigate to that song and get it started one handed, without breaking stride. "Every other player" includes a wide variety including touch screen, touch pad and tactile button players in a number of combinations so it's not that I'm unfamiliar with a touch pad. It's that the one on the Fuze+ doesn't work like any other quality player I use.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
"Every other player" includes a wide variety including touch screen, touch pad and tactile button players in a number of combinations so it's not that I'm unfamiliar with a touch pad. It's that the one on the Fuze+ doesn't work like any other quality player I use.
Good point....I had a Samsung Q2 with a touchpad that was much easier to use than the Fuze+, or should I call it the Fuze-....lol

Old 07-15-2012, 08:15 PM

They could fix the Fuze by going to a D-Pad like that of Clip Zip/Plus. Maybe upgrade the screen a little.

A larger Clip would completely defeat its purpose.

A more expensive Clip with a better screen wouldn't make much sense either. These are essentially throwaway devices.

Now that we have inexpensive 16, 32 and 64 GB microSD cards, I think that without going to at least 32+ GB of internal storage at a reasonable price point, SanDisk might as well sell nothing but 2 GB players with microSD slots.

I could definitely see a market for more expensive Sansa players. A player the size of a Fuze, maybe a little larger, with a much better screen, much better build quality (probably requiring an aluminum body) and at least 32 GB of internal storage plus microSD slot would be marketable.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:11 PM

i just want something with long battery life with rockbox. 15 hours is nice but when you use your mp3 player pretty much all day long it doesn't really cut it.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh, i just opened my cowon i9 player tho, man next to the fuze and clipzip the screen blows them outta the water.

I don't agree with Carson Dyle when he says "A more expensive Clip with a better screen wouldn't make much sense either. These are essentially throwaway devices."

The ipod nano 6th gen has proven that there is a market for small device, nice sexy screen, and the clips should never be throwaway devices, they maybe cheap but SQ wise they are fantastic. I'm easily ready to pay twice (to thrice) as much for a clipzip for a decent screen (especially when u can grab one off amazon for $30) :S

But yeh battery life is an issue.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 AM
Administrator

I'm also of the mindset that Clips are meant to be throwaway devices (please recycle responsibly!). I certainly wouldn't spend anything to get one fixed. Heck, by the time you pay insured shipping you're halfway to a new one. I'd try some DIY if it seemed reasonable but if something happened to one after the warranty was over I'd just get another one.

While it's nice you might be willing to pay substantially more for a Clip Z style player with a better screen I doubt the millions of other buyers needed to make it a viable proposition are available. Most of the people I know that a few years ago were iPod users have migrated to there phones for portable music. Get a few million of them to join you and you might have a market for a manufacturer to consider.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh tru, i'm indifferent and weird.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Administrator

If wanting a nicer player makes you weird, you're in good company. Look around, better screens, more advanced DSPs, aluminum bodies, SDXC support, multiple card slots, are just some of the things people are saying they want here and on other forums.

Personally, I would love a Sony NWZ S639 w/ 64 GB capacity or it's equivalent. With gapless playback...Oh yeah, how about Replaygain support...hmm...adding pan/balance would really boost that rascal to another level! Of course if they take it that far it wouldn't be too much to get real MSC support, would it? Almost forgot...I would really like to be able to make playlists on the fly...!!!

My point is that my perfect player doesn't exist and it doesn't seem likely it ever will. That won't stop me from wondering what if...? I'll just have to be weird I guess.