android
Old 09-16-2012, 05:24 PM

It's pretty likely that no new tablets will be released with Flash. Adobe has stopped updating Flash for Android and they've removed it from the market. I'm afraid Flash is going away in the mobile world. Probably it doesn't have long to go in the PC world either.

Barry

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-17-2012, 07:46 PM

If you were refering to my post I meant a camera flash not adobe flash. I to noticed it gone from the play store recently. I already have it installed on my device however. Sorry to be unclear about that.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:10 AM

is he correct with the price?
$400 us?
lol goodbye samsung

Old 09-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Pass!!! And the processor isn't cutting it either,...

Old 09-29-2012, 03:00 AM

Apple SO disappointed me this year with the iPod Touch(5th generation) refresh. I bought the 4th gen 64GB at $399 thinking it would fit my entire library but it was just not big enough. SO for almost 2 years I've dreamt about a 80-96GB player(with or without microSD expansion) that would suit me for years and years. This Galaxy Player 5.8 32GB with 64GB SDXC would be the ticket right?

Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Samsung Moderator

1st user videos of the big device

Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM

Talking Samsung Flagship Store in Seoul

He takes a quick look at the SGP 5.8 towards the end of the video

Old 10-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Samsung Moderator

well spotted

Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
Apple SO disappointed me this year with the iPod Touch(5th generation) refresh. I bought the 4th gen 64GB at $399 thinking it would fit my entire library but it was just not big enough. SO for almost 2 years I've dreamt about a 80-96GB player(with or without microSD expansion) that would suit me for years and years. This Galaxy Player 5.8 32GB with 64GB SDXC would be the ticket right?
You can use a 64 gig card in any of the Galaxy Tab Players. The specs say 32 gig but a lot of people are using 64 gig cards, including me, with no problems at all.

The trick is to put the new card in the player and wait till it gives you an error message. Then it offers to format it for you. Let it. And now you have a full fledged 64 gig micro SD card, not an SDXC card, so it'll work in literally anything that can handle a 32 gig card, including your PC.

Just remember to format it in the Android device, not in Windows. Once you do it works fine in Windows too.

I've carefully tested this, putting about 55 gig of videos on the card and noting which ones went on the card beyond the 32 gig point. Then I played through those videos. No problems. I also played a number of the other videos. Again no problem.

I use Windows to put files on the card or I transfer it to the card on the device via USB. No problems. I ran a Windows Scandisk on the card. No problems.

I've also tried it in a few rather old MP3 players that were made years before there was an SDXC standard. Again, no problems.

You can google this and find a lot of similar reports all over the web. What you won't find is any problem reports.

This works by using a 64k cluster size, which means if you have a lot of very small files a lot of space might be wasted. Music files aren't nearly small enough to be a problem. With them the large cluster size should save you space.

There is one potential problem that I haven't tested. I don't have any way to test it. I think it's likely that the card formatted that way won't work in any version of Windows earlier than XP. It should work fine in XP though. That was the first Windows version that didn't impose a 32k cluster size.

I don't know enough about Macs or Linux systems to know if they'll work. My guess is they will or there would be reports of that as a problem by now.

Barry

Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Samsung Moderator

Korean review with great pictures here http://rokmc1062.tistory.com/676

Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicup04 View Post
*mgeek video* ... He takes a quick look at the SGP 5.8 towards the end of the video
Thanks for posting, while the SGP 5.8 is cool what really impressed me is that store, it's bitching!!! Now I can't understand why we don't have stores like that here :/

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-06-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM

wow i could spend hours in that store. A galaxy player 7.0 plus? is that a tab? i can't wait for the 5.8! i can put it my bigger purses and i didn't need to carry around a huge tablet. i really like the "dock" for it too. i know i could put a tab in a backpack but i don't necessarily want to carry a backpack around. although i hope that's not the price. whats wrong with the processor?

Last edited by 2kitties; 10-09-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 AM

so they are saying it might be released in the USA in late October or November or early next year. i'm thinking early next year although Christmas is coming up. what do you think?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 AM

First generation of galaxy players came to USA in october last year so that does make sense but that would mean we would see them being listed in stores here as coming soon and I have not seen one store with it coming soon they haven't even mentioned it. So my thoughts would be it would be coming next year

Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
First generation of galaxy players came to USA in october last year so that does make sense but that would mean we would see them being listed in stores here as coming soon and I have not seen one store with it coming soon they haven't even mentioned it. So my thoughts would be it would be coming next year
Yeah, October of this year would be wildly optimistic since it was months after the original Korean launch that Samsung released the Galaxy Players for Europe and [later] the US. Also, any excitement about the specs should be tempered lest we forget that the product that was eventually released in the west had many changes from the original.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Samsung Moderator

Russian review.
The YP-GP1 is not available in Russia yet but that could mean it will soon. 1st step outside South Korea

Old 11-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Default 5.8 News?

anyone hear anything about the new SGP5.8? i really want to get it to replace my SGP5.0, but cant find any news on it other than the tech data. I was just curious if anyone could estimate a release date? maybe early 2013?

Old 11-03-2012, 03:00 PM

Why not just get a mini tablet?

Old 11-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Administrator

---posts moved to existing thread---

You can read the posts in this thread where I've moved your question. lebellium probably will know of anything that happens with the 5.8 before anyone else. I'm sure he'll add whatever he knows as soon as he gets more information.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
---posts moved to existing thread---

You can read the posts in this thread where I've moved your question. lebellium probably will know of anything that happens with the 5.8 before anyone else. I'm sure he'll add whatever he knows as soon as he gets more information.
thank you for moving my post skip. sorry about posting something that already exists.

and i have a samsung galaxy tab 2.0 , i just really like the new sgp5.8

Tags
5.8, galaxy player, samsung, yp-gp1