android
Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Default Question time!

I got some questions as a newbie WP7 user (I got the device for less than 1 day!!), here they are (and I might add some new ones when I stumble across something I don't get.).

1. When I go to the marketplace via my phone I see in the corner on the left bottom side "2 updates". It says I can update the Photo Sharing and the Network Profile applications. When I press the 'update all' I get "this item is not available from the Marketplace catalogue". What to do? I get the same error when I try to download something from the marketplace (However, I can download something from the marketplace when I already downloaded the same application via the pc)
2. When I download an application via the pc it says something like (the software is in Dutch so I give a rough translation) "the installation will start shortly". But nothing gets installed within 5 minutes. I can however install the app via the marketplace, but as stated at question number 1 I first have to download it via the pc. Is this common?
3. How to delete a document in office? I made a new OneNote file but the only thing I can do is pin it to start. The Documents of Word, Powerpoint and Excel however can be deleted.

My questions so far.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 AM

Hey Bb,

The easy one first is the OneNote question.

The simple way to delete a note in this app is to open OneNote on your WP7 handset. Your screen should say (+) New Note and (DD) all. Click the all button to get a list view of all your notes. From this screen, press and hold any item and you will get both the pin to start menu option as well as the delete option.

You also want to make sure you setup your Onenote sync correctly in WP7. OneNote syncs to a Windows Live account - via a Personal Web app as part of Skydrive.

All you need to do to first configue this, is click on the (DD) all button again to get a list of all your notes. Then hit the refresh button on the bottom of the screen. This will launch the setup for your sync to skydrive. One all this is configured, you can launch your online Personal-web / Skydrive based OneNote app from within Windows Live. Here you can also delete sync'd notes - and this will reverse sync to your phone (that is, deleting the phone note as well).

Cheers,

Last edited by Strider_Aus; 01-21-2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: grammar

Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 AM

On the Marketplace issue - I have not seen this myself - so I can't speak first hand re: possible solutions. Here are some links that may help you however:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/488cwpn
http://preview.tinyurl.com/4rrmdlu

Good luck !

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM

Aha I see that some people needed a sim card. I havent got one yet, it will arrive monday. I'll check if its resolved then.
The OneNote thing worked, thanks!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Another question, can you change somewhere that the camera wont make a sound when it takes a picture? I dont see the point in that, you can see pretty clear on the side when you've taken the picture and its kinda an annoying sound.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:03 PM

The Samsung Focus and Omnia won't allow the volume to be changed for the camera shutter sound - unless jail-broken devices or hidden diagnostic menus allow it.

Reason being Samsung is a Korean company - and back in about 2004 South Korea introduced laws protecting against inappropriate use of mobile camera devices (imagine public pools, changing rooms, beaches, escalators etc) in public places. This protection came in the form of a law requiring all mobile camera devices to have an audible camera shutter sound that could not be turned off.

cheers.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 PM

I know it's an old thread, but still, I got some questions.
I recently did a reset on my phone, because I couldn't get the Tango update (still can't... ), and I have some trouble deleting some office documents. These documents are not mine, but are shared with me, and in some cases others, via Skydrive. However I dont want those documents clogging my office view. Especially since these are, in some cases, 4 year old documents.
How can I remove them?

EDIT: Whoops. I found out that redownloading them, stopping them while downloading and then deleting them via the Skydrive option in the Office hub, will get rid of them.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broodbeleg View Post
I know it's an old thread, but still, I got some questions.
I recently did a reset on my phone, because I couldn't get the Tango update (still can't... ), and I have some trouble deleting some office documents. These documents are not mine, but are shared with me, and in some cases others, via Skydrive. However I dont want those documents clogging my office view. Especially since these are, in some cases, 4 year old documents.
How can I remove them?

EDIT: Whoops. I found out that redownloading them, stopping them while downloading and then deleting them via the Skydrive option in the Office hub, will get rid of them.
Great! I'm glad you got it working. Depending on your device and carrier, you might not have access to the Tango update yet. You should receive a notification on your device as soon as the update is ready for you to download.

Tags
any questions