android
Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 PM

Default Sandisk Clip Zip Question.

Hello, I have been looking for a nice cheap mp3 player and have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Clip Zip. Before i buy though, I wanted to know if there is any possible way to listen to music from the external memory card and internal memory simultaneously? This would really be useful to know when buying so I can decide to get either a 4gb or 8gb. Thanks for your time and consideration guys.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, only one song at a time can be playing.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydn631 View Post
Hello, I have been looking for a nice cheap mp3 player and have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Clip Zip. Before i buy though, I wanted to know if there is any possible way to listen to music from the external memory card and internal memory simultaneously? This would really be useful to know when buying so I can decide to get either a 4gb or 8gb. Thanks for your time and consideration guys.
Uh,...say what???

Old 08-05-2012, 04:36 AM

Welcome to abi

Quote:
... I wanted to know if there is any possible way to listen to music from the external memory card and internal memory simultaneously?
While this can be done on a pc/laptop, my question would be why unless you intend to mix music?

Quote:
This would really be useful to know when buying so I can decide to get either a 4gb or 8gb. ...
Why does this make a difference in card you select?

*BTW Marvin is right one song at a time and AFAIK no current DAP allows you to play more than one song at a time, unless you have an ipod running "DJ Mixer" app. AFAIK this app only runs on iphone, ipod touch and ipad.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 08-05-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The music on the player & the memory card enjoys full library integration on the player. If this is what is actually meant, then the answer is "Yes" you can listen to music from the internal memory & the external memory card at the same time.

PS: hit up the second link in my sig,...it'll help you to be more descriptive in your request.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
… any possible way to listen to music from the external memory card and internal memory simultaneously? …
Simultaneously means existing or occurring at the same time. An example would be: two gunshots were heard simultaneously from Syndrome’s front yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
The music on the player & the memory card enjoys full library integration on the player.
Correct, all the files can be viewed simultaneously.
Quote:
If this is what is actually meant, then the answer is "Yes" you can listen to music from the internal memory & the external memory card at the same time.
You may have miss worded your description hear. While you can see the files simultaneously from both directories, you can not listen to them at the same time.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

For example, you have some Elton John songs on the internal memory and some on the microSD card. You can use the Artists menu to select Elton John and the songs on both memories will be played.

However, you can not easily create a playlist to be saved that includes songs from both memories.

Steve

Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 AM

Thanks everybody. I was looking to know if i hit play all if both music from my external and internal would be in the list. You answered it, and I apologize for my miss wording lol.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Lol!!! Consecutively is the correct word,...one after the other.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks everybody. I was looking to know if i hit play all if both music from my external and internal would be in the list. You answered it, and I apologize for my miss wording lol.
And you're from PA Regardless I'm glad you got that cleared up and again welcome to abi BTW you can't go wrong with a Clip Zip, great little player ...
Quote:
Lol!!! Consecutively is the correct word,...one after the other.
You were right, good catch.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
And you're from PA Regardless I'm glad you got that cleared up and again welcome to abi BTW you can't go wrong with a Clip Zip, great little player ...

You were right, good catch.
Some people greatly prefer the Clip+ to the Clip Zip. Sandisk might release a new version of the Fuze in around 3 weeks. If so, I hope it is a great improvement over the original Fuze. Sandisk's player releases since the Clip+ have not been very exciting.

Tags
clip zip, external, internal, memory card, sandisk