android
Old 08-05-2012, 03:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Rockbox Database not updating..

I have taken a 16gb microsdcard out of my rockboxed sansa fuze, i have clicked both initialise now and update now, but my database is still showing all the files that were on the 16gb card (which is not even in the device).

Its always seemed a pretty buggy feature, when it does its 'commiting to database' thing it never seems to be logical when it does it, and currently i cac't get it to do that thing, all i get is the updating in background (which it clearly isn't).

Read the manual, all it says is to do the initialise now and update now, which i have done.

Any ideas? How do you get it to do the 1-9 steps committing to database thing.

Edit: It appears to be updating, its just being slow, after 20mins leaving it I can see a few artists missing from the database.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Are you using an up to date development build? I had read recently that there were some changes made in the database and just tested it with 1e7f606-120731. You can select which directories to scan when building the database. The changes seem positive so far. The database built for a full 8 GB player and 16 GB card in less than 3 minutes after I initialized the database.

When I built a playlist from a search of the database the number of song matched the number of files I knew were on the player so it didn't miss anything. I hadn't used the database in a while but this has me taking a look at it again.

There's a metadata log function you can activate under System>Debug>Metadata log. If thee's a dfile that's causing the database to not complete you can find which one it is if you open the metadata log file. If there is a file that's causing an issue I'd save it. Sometimes the Rockbox developers want to take a look to try to fix any issues. Having files that don't scan properly helps.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for that, it was an earlier build (3.10), i have now got 3.11 working and everything seems fine. I'm passing this onto my daddio so i'll have to wait if he has any problems, i honestly think i was just being impatient lol.