android
Old 01-05-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Freezes during downloads

I got a 4 GB Zen V Plus about a week ago. I upgraded the firmware, but I still get a strange problem when Im downloading files. The player freezes, but it looks like that happens only when I use a certain amount of memory.

My files are a mix of mp3s and wmas. Sometimes when Im putting them on the player it crashes and it will only respond if I reset, format the players memory, and start all over again. This seems to happen when Ive reached somewhere around 2.5 - 3 GBs, which is around 500 files.

I thought it was a problem with corrupt files at first, but I can see which file the wizard is loading at the moment it stalls, and those are songs I can play without problems at other times. Then I thought it was a problem related to downloading too much at once, but it also started happening at times when I already had a lot on the player and was just adding a few more albums. Could it be that part of the flash memory is no good?

Does anyone have any ideas about whats happening or how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It sounds like there might be a bad block of memory in there. Worst case scenario, take it back for an exchange.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:10 AM

I am having this exact same problem with my Zen V Plus 1GB Model.. The only trouble is, I did not realize what was happening until quite a long time after the purchase (which was on amazon.com), and it is quite impossible to return at this time. It is not a huge problem, I get the amount of music I listen to on a daily basis onto it, but I feel cheated for what I spent for it. Is there anywhere I can take it locally (eg Radioshack, CompUSA, CircuitCity, Bestbuy) where I can have it repaired? I do not wish to ruin what I have of it but attempting anything drastic..