android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Site Related > MP3 Player News

Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 AM

Default Unbelievable fruit 1, Samsung 0 :/

Quote:
Apple's headquarters is a mere 10 miles from the courthouse, and jurors were picked from the heart of Silicon Valley where Apple's late founder Steve Jobs is a revered technological pioneer.
I can not believe that Samsung lawyers allowed this case to be determined by people that live so close to apple … can you say “rigged!”

Quote:
Google entered the smartphone market while its then-CEO Eric Schmidt was on Apple's board, infuriating Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, who considered Android to be a blatant rip off of the iPhone's innovations. After shoving Schmidt off Apple's board, Jobs vowed that Apple would resort to "thermonuclear war" to destroy Android and its allies.
Over his grave, oh that's right he is dead

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/08/...-samsung-case/

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Funny how the court in South Korea had a much different verdict....
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/08/...ntcmp=obinsite

Old 08-26-2012, 08:53 AM

Yea I read that one too, home court advantage I guess. Although I like what the EU judges did ruling “they are part of industry standards that must be licensed under fair terms to competitors.” Unfortunately they didn't apply that to most of the other stuff aside from wireless tech.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Apple gets components from Samsung though, and Apple probably needs Samsung much more than Samsung needs Apple. There were some rumors that Samsung might bring Sony or other companies in to testify against Apple. These seems to be hard to believe, especially since Samsung has taken so much television market share from Sony.

I want to see Samsung win, as certain Apple design charachteristics like a built in battery and lack of card slot are so annoying. While the built in battery in a $35 Sandisk Clip+ is annoying, a built in battery in something that is $200+ is so much more annoying. I basically view the Clip+ as being disposable. An iphone without a contract(assuming someone breaks or loses theirs and needs a new one) could be $600 or more. Some of my relatives keep telling me to buy an iphone. I told them I am not interested in one due to the built in battery and lack of a card slot. The high prices of Apple products is another reason.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:10 PM

I hope samsung goes out of their way to kick apple in the balls then. . .

Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 PM

Anyone care to speculate about what happens on appeal? Clearly Samsung was caught off guard this time. I don't see that happening again. They know just how far Apple will go now.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/08/ap...cts-in-the-us/

Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Strange they're seeking to ban all the established ones VS all the new stuff.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

hehehe

Old 08-30-2012, 01:18 AM

Whats going to happen is most the phones will go to Windows 8 and Apple will get stomped again. That's ok though, when Apple was down and Jobs got rehired, Microsoft saved Apple from falling. As high as Apple is riding now, I wonder how they'll be in ten years from now w/o Jobs. I'd bet that Microsoft would rescue Apple again.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I think the days of rescuing are well and truly gone.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertrash View Post
Whats going to happen is most the phones will go to Windows 8 and Apple will get stomped again. That's ok though, when Apple was down and Jobs got rehired, Microsoft saved Apple from falling. As high as Apple is riding now, I wonder how they'll be in ten years from now w/o Jobs. I'd bet that Microsoft would rescue Apple again.

You really think anyone would rescue Apple after what they've been doing?

That ship is sailed. If Apple falls (not likely in the foreseeable future), no one bails them out this time.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 AM

Microsoft has a lot invested in Apple, and it's good for Microsoft to have a competiter around that takes such a small market share. Canonical's Ubuntu isn't going to grab much and it doesn't look like System 76 is willing to start a major campaign to grab market share. And even then Microsoft wants their Apple investments to pay off. If you think about it, Apple is actually doing Microsofts dirty work, sue the hell out of Android so manufacturers will have to embrace Windows Phone 8.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Microsoft has a lot invested in Apple, and it's good for Microsoft to have a competiter around that takes such a small market share
Hang on, Apple are ahead of microsoft nowadays arn't they? Thought they were richer than microsoft (for first time) just recently.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Hang on, Apple are ahead of microsoft nowadays arn't they? Thought they were richer than microsoft (for first time) just recently.
They are.....they're one of the richest companies out there right now.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

So not exactly 'small market share'

Old 08-31-2012, 02:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Depends on which market you are referring to. The desktop PC market is still overwhelmingly Windows-based, but DAP/PMP and tablets are overwhelmingly Apple. Cell phones, Apple has lost some ground to Android...surely a factor in their lawsuits.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I just google images quickly, they might not be current to date. But they should give you an idea of what marvin speaks of:

Old 09-01-2012, 12:53 AM

At the moment, Apple is the most valuable company in history. Unlike when Microsoft had that title during the tech bubble, Apple's stock price could legitamately go up. Anyway Apple is high end and has a very high profit margin, unlike the rest of the PC companies. Presently Android phones outsell the IPhone, of course there are a lot of differint companies selling Android. Samsung sells more phones than Apple presently. They run a much slimmer profit margin than Apple. Apple hates Android phones because so many of them imitate the IPhone. What will probably happen eventually is instead of risking lawsuits from Apple, most companies will turn to Windows Phone 8. Microsoft has a lot of agreements and handshakes on tech with Apple from the days when Microsoft kept Apple afloat. There will probably always be Android but give it 3 years tops and it'll be third place.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
At the moment, Apple is the most valuable company in history. ...
IMO apple is much more closed and restrictive than Microsoft, a bitter pill to swallow. So throw in the little wrench of anti trust litigation just like governments & states profited from Microsoft and we’ll see. I’m guessing it’s just a matter of time …