android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Site Related > MP3 Player News

Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 PM

That's legitimate but I don't see it happening. In the overall scheme of things Apple doesn't have as universal usage as Microsoft. It should happen but Apple computers only make up like 2% of PC in the world where MS is over 90%.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertrash View Post
That's legitimate but I don't see it happening. In the overall scheme of things Apple doesn't have as universal usage as Microsoft. It should happen but Apple computers only make up like 2% of PC in the world where MS is over 90%.
Didn't you just say

Quote:
At the moment, Apple is the most valuable company in history. ...
Value = loads of $$$$ ... Regardless of market share I don't think it takes a fool like me to point out that where ever governments smell $$$$ they're willing to put their already employed attorneys to try and get some of it. They did it with MSFT, cigarette companies and some day maybe even booze mfg's. Don't forget some of the other large settlements *cough* Visa, MasterCard and many others ....

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-02-2012, 06:12 AM

The thing is Apple has a high market share with the iPhone, but with PCs it's very small. If they had a more than 50% market share with their PCs, then I could see it happen. If you only have a small market share, then you can get away with being closed. It's only when you dominate to the level that Microsoft has, 90+% market share, that antitrust matters can be considered. I'm not saying they won't get a lawsuit, but it won't have to do with being a closed system unless Apple seriously begins to dominate numbers wise. Meanwhile they'll still be able to maintain a financial lead because they don't directly compete with anyone using the same OS, you have a choice between a zillion companies selling Windows computers or one company selling Apple.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
The thing is Apple has a high market share with the iPhone, but with PCs it's very small. If they had a more than 50% market share with their PCs, then I could see it happen. If you only have a small market share, then you can get away with being closed. It's only when you dominate to the level that Microsoft has, 90+% market share, that antitrust matters can be considered. I'm not saying they won't get a lawsuit, but it won't have to do with being a closed system unless Apple seriously begins to dominate numbers wise. Meanwhile they'll still be able to maintain a financial lead because they don't directly compete with anyone using the same OS, you have a choice between a zillion companies selling Windows computers or one company selling Apple.
This year more people chose android than ios by like 20 something percent.

/apple

Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Windows Phone, hopefully, will start to get some more market share as well,...