android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 AM

Default touch screen issue - how to return to 'now playing'?

Hello,

Like many other people on this forum, I have a p3 with a touch screen which is partially unresponsive. Luckily, I've still been able to use it, because it's the right hand side of the screen which has gone, so I can still navigate through my music and videos. However, what's now happened is that I had it in my pocket unlocked, and it's moved to one of the other screens with different widgets on (brightness, memos etc), and I can't get it back to the screen with the music icon by swiping across. This has already happened a few times, and I've eventually got it to switch back by continually swiping and being very persistent, but I can't seem to do it this time

I know sometimes when I put music on my device, after updating the library, it reverts back to the now playing screen, but that's not happening this time. I've tried updating the firmware again and pressing the reset button, but the p3 still just switches on playing the same album and on the same screen that it got stuck on.

Does anyone know how I could get back to the now playing screen? I know it sounds like it's time to get a new mp3 player, but I just don't have the money at the moment to invest in a good one with lots of space. I do have an iPhone, but don't particularly like using it for music (hence clinging on to my half broken p3!).

Any comments from people who have had similar issues, or just suggestions on how to solve this, would be much appreciated!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 AM

Managed to get it working now, after many MANY attempts to swipe the screen. I read someone else's thread about putting your finger on the responsive part of the touch screen while trying to swipe across the dead bit, and eventually, I managed to switch to the next screen! Would still like to know if anyone knows an easier way to 'now playing' though, in case it happens again.

So I guess until something else goes wrong, I'll keep using my faulty p3. Damn, I need a new mp3 player :P

Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 AM

thank you for saving me.