android
Old 10-07-2012, 02:18 PM

Default anyone tried any of these roms?

I just found this post on all the roms available for galaxy player 4.0 and was wondering if any of them are stable enough for use or if there were a lot of bugs.

http://androidevolved.com/forums/gal...-4-0-roms.html

also how would these be installed? DO i have to get CWM or use odin or what?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-07-2012, 02:59 PM

install varies based on ROM, especially the ICS ROM's, they are all based off of team Supernovas CM9 which still doesn't even have deep sleep working so your battery will last maybe 16 hours between charges, also you MUST backup your efs folder (CWM does not do this) before you try ANY ICS or CM7 based roms, stick to stock based they are much more stable (and easier to revert back to factory), go here and do some reading http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1720457

Last edited by Daniel644; 10-07-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM

Bummer I want ICS but I guess it isn't worth the low battery life and stability and the camera not working. Maybe its back to plan B get a cheap or mid range ICS tablet and use this just for music and gps and what not

Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 PM

I've been using Icy Fusion for a couple of months now on an every day basis. It's stable and everything works as it should. I'm also using Terrasilent kernel. Besides the rom and kernel, the best thing i"ve done for my SGP was to install AutoKiller Memory Optimizer. I set it to the extreme setting and it stopped all my freezing up and force closes. The combination of the three has made for an awesome experience.
a-JAYS One and MEElectronics SP-51's and M6's

Old 10-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Bummer I want ICS but I guess it isn't worth the low battery life and stability and the camera not working. Maybe its back to plan B get a cheap or mid range ICS tablet and use this just for music and gps and what not
If all you want is the ICS feel just use this launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.hololauncher it will give you most of the look of ICS but it uses a bit more battery or give it some time they are working on trying to solve the bugs with ICS.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:00 AM

I just realized no ics rom has a working camera which bums me out. I wish android waas like windows u can install it then install the drivers for your device.