android
Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Exclamation Front page news articles,...we need 'em!!!

You do know that if articles on new MP3 players and headphones get posted on the front page it would increase traffic & interest in the site. And SPELLING the devices brand name correctly would be a great start.

We don't need to like every device or headphone posted, but it WOULD be quite beneficial to ABi in the long run.

Just an FYI,...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Good point. Granted, there's not a ton of news out there in the realm of DAP's, but still....

Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Your concern is also my concern ... We're on the same page! I posted this issue the other day in the mod forum and cg admin replied, said he'd notify the content manager, lets hope that gets some action. In the mean time if anyone is interested please let me know here and via a PM? If so I'll forward your name to him as I do not make those decisions. Personally I only like write headphone/IEM reviews and I don't get new gear that often, so I only do it once in a while.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't have the time, ability, or so much know how to be an article contributor. But I'm sure we have quite a few ppl here with the skills.

And the market might not be flooded with new devices, but it'd really be nice to get something besides a "Samung" 5.8 on the front page. We have iriver trying to make a comeback, V-Moda has new hp's being shipped out as preorders, FiiO is back on with the X3 MP3 player, and we even have new aiaiai headphones that were released without even a peep!!!

Sigh,...if Andreas stopped posting we'd have nothing left but old news.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You are preaching to the choir, hopefully EnzoTen and the cg admin will see this thread as well. But like you said there’s others, so if anyone wants to volunteer please PM me and I’ll be happy to serve your name up. If you have been a member for a while and have any examples of you work it would help more …

BTW if any company wants to provide headphones for review, I'd be happy to give you a non-bias review

Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

IMHO the front news pages dont have to all be reviews or lengthy articles. simply announcing new products with links to manufacturer sites or press releases would be cool for me. I dont even look at the front page right now.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 AM
ABI Founder

If anyone is interested in writing for the front page let me know. Its a paid gig. Must write well, be self editing, and know your stuff. We would look want to aim for 2-3 posts per week on the topics of portable audio, heaphones, amps, ect.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks Enzo!!! I hope we get some new peeps on board.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for noting Enzo, would it make sense to put a blurb about this on the FP?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
If anyone is interested in writing for the front page let me know. Its a paid gig. Must write well, be self editing, and know your stuff. We would look want to aim for 2-3 posts per week on the topics of portable audio, heaphones, amps, ect.
any requirements to the post content? length, restrictions to content etc? Like if someone runs across a cool user mod for an existing device would that be acceptable content? or is it strictly new and/or stock equipment?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:49 AM
ABI Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDvsEGO View Post
any requirements to the post content? length, restrictions to content etc? Like if someone runs across a cool user mod for an existing device would that be acceptable content? or is it strictly new and/or stock equipment?
The length should be a paragraph or two. As far as content, What do you think is interesting? What do you think people should know about in the world of headphones and portable audio?

I think a lot of great content exists in the forum and so much of the great content is burried and only seen by the regulars. So surfacing this content to the front page is a great idea. Like you mentioned. A cool user mod, a perticularly nice rig, a neat hack someone did in the forum can be summarized by a writer and show off on the front page.

I think that what would be cool is to have two editor for ABI. One who would surface all the interesting content from the forum and repost it on the front page and then another editor that would be intune with the lastes news on new products in the portable audio world.

So here might be some examples of the types of content. Just some ideas, i am open to whatever anyone thinks is good front page content. It can be a break from the norm and a break from what we have done in the past. We can re-invent the front page if you like.

Forum Content:
  • Cool User Mods
  • Rock Box Developments
  • Collection of Skin mods for a player Rockbox, Cowon, Ect
  • Awesome or unusual member rigs or audio setups

News outside of the forum:
  • New headphone products
  • new Amps
  • Portable audio related to mobile phones
  • Mobile phone apps related to audio
  • Tablet audio apps

Tell me what you want to see and ill help you make it happen.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post

I think a lot of great content exists in the forum and so much of the great content is burried and only seen by the regulars. So surfacing this content to the front page is a great idea.
I think that is so very true. I don't read most of the forums here but I am sure that I am missing out on a bunch of stuff.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
but it'd really be nice to get something besides a "Samung" 5.8 on the front page
Dear TDS, I just fixed the misspelling. I should have done it long before but I was too lazy and I thought someone else would do it