android
Old 10-18-2012, 04:23 PM

Default Clip Zip issue with ear phones

So i bought the M6P earphones and they are a great fit for what i need in them,my player is a sansa clip zip.there is however one major issue,i can only get one side of the earphones working and it seems that if i apply pressure on the jack,both left and right will work no problem,its as if any ideas for a fix?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you try using other earphones with the player? Are you sure the plug is fully inserted? When Sandisk players are new the jack is tight, and a bit of force may be needed to get the plug all the way in.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Did you try using other earphones with the player? Are you sure the plug is fully inserted? When Sandisk players are new the jack is tight, and a bit of force may be needed to get the plug all the way in.
It worked fine on a previous set of earphones and the ones that come bundled with the zip.i had same issue with JVC earphone i got previous to these

Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

In that case the logical conclusion is that the earphones are defective, or the earphone plug is in some way non standard.

PS. I just looked up the m6p. It has a microphone, so the plug has 4 contacts rather than the usual three. You need to choose an earphone without a mic or remote control.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
... PS. I just looked up the m6p. It has a microphone, so the plug has 4 contacts rather than the usual three. You need to choose an earphone without a mic or remote control.
4 contact plug is called a TRRS jack and I use one with my clip zip no problem (using the A161P IEMs). Well the mic and remote don't work like with my phone but the IEMs work fine. Check to see if the jack is well seated first, if that doesn't work I guess it's possible they're wired to the wrong contacts but AFAIK most of these are designed for iphones/ipods like mine and they still work fine.

Edit: On another note don't force this type of jack because some have been known to cause damage to the players female 3.5mm jack

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.