android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon E2

Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 PM

Default Big Problem, My E2 Doesn't Respond after trying to update the firmware

Please I am desesperate. Yesterday I bought a Cowon Iaudio E2, I turned it on, a then connected to my computer, until here everything was ok. After trying to upload the firmware something go wrong and now its a disaster. My E2 now dont charge, LED blink red light that means there is an charging error, and any computer dont recognize it!!! i cant believe it, please a need your help. Reset button doesnt work, nothing works. I dont know what to do, please!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Administrator

===thread title changed. please use descriptive titles in the future. "Big Problem!!!" isn't searchable for the next person needing help with this in the future and doesn't tell anyone that might be able to help what you need===

Welcome to ABi

I know nothing about a E2 so there's not much I can do to help. Unfortunately failed firmware updates on any player usually means the player is bricked. Without a firmware there's no way for the hardware to communicate with the outside world. No telling if that's the case here but from what you describe it seems possible.

The only thing i can suggest is to let the player sit for a few days and see if letting the player fully discharge helps. If it doesn't respond when you try to connect it again in a few days you may need to return it.

You could also try checking over at our sister site iAudiophile http://iaudiophile.net/. There may be someone at a site that's dedicated to Cowon players with more info.

Good luck with this. Hope you're able to get this sorted out soon.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:21 PM

Thanks Skip, Well i will wait few days more to see what happend. You say to return it, where? A friend of my bought it in amazon, to JetAudio.Inc. I have to contact them? Does Cowon have any support assistance to resolve this?... Sory for the question, I am really sad for this, cost me too much effort to buy it and now this happends...