android
Old 10-25-2012, 12:49 AM

Default Rip problems?

Hey to all

I REGRET SAYING FLAC SUCKS, but it rocks now with 2TB drives i have switched to FLAC 800GB :-D

I was ripping a CD with dbpoweramp and accuRIP, the last track always gave me clicks, pops, scartchy, stuttering of the sound due to the lens trying to focus recover the error

Then i tried various safe Ripping featires like C2 pointers, interpolate and to no avail NOISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

so what i did to rip my precios CD "The music of Armand-Louis Couperin" with Jennifer S. Paul Harpsichordist

well heres my process no accurip need or so

Tools needed
  1. A computer with either LINE IN or Microphone Input [my laptop is microphones stereo]
  2. Audio recording program like nero wave editor or audacity
  3. a cable that is 3.5mm jack to another 3.5mm jack
  4. a CD-ROM Only stereo equipment/or cd reader [make sure it doesn't play DVD or CD-RW]
STEPS
  1. Play the CD on the CD-ROM device to make sure the error correction microprocessor works, you will hear perfect flawless song
  2. plug one end of the cable to your computers line in or mic-IN fully inserted
  3. plug the other end to your stereo Line OUT or headphone out also fully inserted
  4. press RECORD button on the software, use 48KHz [DAT] 16 bit
  5. PRESS PLAY on your stereo equipment
  6. Wait patiently until track finished to play
  7. press STOP RECORDING on software [or ok]
  8. press stop on the stereo equipment
  9. press ok to import the wave file into main screen
  10. edit to your liking to cut unnecessary silences etc
  11. save as WAVE or FLAC lossy sucks
  12. BACKUP
  13. enjoy
They say CD-ROM have a microprocessor dedicated to error corrction, while a CD/DVD combo drive does not thus the clicks, pops stutters

sadly those devices are nearly extinct, i have my old stereo from 2004 and it worked fabulous

USED

AIWA NSX-R60 stereo
DELL LATITUDE E6400 with stereo microphone IN
Windows 7 X64 Professional
Nero 9 wave editor
Dbpoweramp music converer to make the huge wav to Thin FLAC

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
save as WAVE or FLAC lossy sucks
Lossy does not suck. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=68675.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

So, this is going to be turned into another lossy/lossless debate thread???

Last edited by The DarkSide; 10-25-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

My CD/DVD drive does not suck....it rips very well, actually.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 AM

I use EAC which has a jitter-correction for hundreds of cd-drives (which you look up in a database when you set it up). Before I set it up properly there was a blip at around the 10 second mark of the first track of all of my cd rips (there weren't many by that point, thankfully).
EAC is a little on the intimidating side for me, but once I got the hang of it, I've really been glad I moved over to it.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Administrator

If the OP has a valid copy of dbpa I would contact the developer through their forum. I seen where he has worked with others that have ripping problems. There may be a solution that actually rips the disc properly instead of having to setup an oddball recording situation like this.

Actually all this probably wasn't needed unless the drive itself is defective. Standard audio codecs on most motherboards have the ability to record the output of the sound card. There's times when a manufacturer's proprietary driver hides the capability by default. Once I discovered that, getting recording going has been fairly simple whenever I've tried it.

I open the properties of the sound card and check Show Disabled Devices under the Recording Devices and Stereo Mix should become visible. Enable that and you can then use Audacity or the native Windows recorder to record the output of the sound card.

They really don't want you doing that so it isn't obvious how to set it up. I've still I've been able to set up recording the sound card output on every Windows machine I've tried.

@dawningistheday: I've seen the table of drive offsets http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm used by Accuraterip, I haven't seen a table for jitter correction. Do you have a link to that?

I've set up EAC on several machines and haven't had to do a manual look up in years. The Accuraterip setup dialog has done the drive offset look up automatically. I just make sure to have a couple of mainstream discs available to load when they're called for during the automated setup. The second disc isn't always called for but the directions say to have one so I do.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
@dawningistheday: I've seen the table of drive offsets http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm used by Accuraterip, I haven't seen a table for jitter correction. Do you have a link to that?

I've set up EAC on several machines and haven't had to do a manual look up in years. The Accuraterip setup dialog has done the drive offset look up automatically. I just make sure to have a couple of mainstream discs available to load when they're called for during the automated setup. The second disc isn't always called for but the directions say to have one so I do.
D'oh!
Nevermind, that's what I was thinking of. Sorry!
I had to look up mine manually, but it could have been because I messed something up during set-up.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Yeah, the initial Accuraterip setup on EAC is easy to screw up. That's why I always have two key discs available whenever I do a setup. I've only been able to get that dialog to open during the initial installation. After that it's finding your drive in the table and entering the offset value manually. The ripping results after you enter the values are the same but it's somewhat of a pain.