android
Old 11-05-2012, 01:32 PM

Default Not enough memory errors- 64GB SD Card

I'm really confused with what just happened to my Galaxy player.

Recently, I just outfitted my 3.6 with a new 64GB SD card. I added several GB of music, mounted it, everything's fantastic. My internal memory is 8GB and I only have about 9MB left on it, but it didn't stop it from playing music from either source.

So I add another 500MB or so music just now to the card. Suddenly, I'm getting these "not enough memory" errors whenever I tap the music button. I have about 48GB left on the card so I don't understand how it could be lacking memory.

When I unmounted the card, it played from internal memory just fine.

If I just move stuff from internal to the SD card, will that fix this? Or is there some other way?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think now that you've gotten that error, you have to use the Galaxy to format the card, while it is mounted....and after that , the whole card should be available to you.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM

Will formatting the card erase all of its contents? It's not a big deal if it does, but heh after I painstakingly chose what songs to put there...

Old 11-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxMountainToad View Post
Will formatting the card erase all of its contents? It's not a big deal if it does, but heh after I painstakingly chose what songs to put there...
Yes, it will. But hey, it will be worth it in the end.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:48 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for your help!

Old 11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Gotcha. Thanks for your help!
And after the card is set, I would move any music you put on the internal memory onto the card.....leave that limited internal space free for apps you might accumulate.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 PM

I figured freeing up the internal memory would be a good idea. 99% of the contents are music since I pretty much never have the wi-fi connected but you never know.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I figured freeing up the internal memory would be a good idea. 99% of the contents are music since I pretty much never have the wi-fi connected but you never know.
How is the screen on the 3.6, decent looking?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-05-2012, 02:01 PM

It's a clear, bright screen with surprisingly good resolution. Since I bought it primarily as a music player, I don't mind the small screen since the letters are big for the music app and actually a LOT easier to read than iPod screens.

However, I wouldn't recommend it for gaming because images are too small. I downloaded just two games, Angry Birds and Scopa, to test it out and find that it's just too small to really touch things precisely and I had to keep zooming the screen out.
I prefer the Galaxy Tab for games, e-reading, and email, and this nifty 3.6 for music.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
It's a clear, bright screen with surprisingly good resolution. Since I bought it primarily as a music player, I don't mind the small screen since the letters are big for the music app and actually a LOT easier to read than iPod screens.

However, I wouldn't recommend it for gaming because images are too small. I downloaded just two games, Angry Birds and Scopa, to test it out and find that it's just too small to really touch things precisely and I had to keep zooming the screen out.
I prefer the Galaxy Tab for games, e-reading, and email, and this nifty 3.6 for music.
I hear you on the Tab...as you can probably guess from reading my sig. (or you can Google the "GT-P6210" from my previous post).

Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 PM

Arrrrgh. After I just wiped the card and the internal memory then laboriously added at least 3,000 songs onto the card...now when I load it with the card mounted, it just says "no music files".

This stupid card is ruining the mood!