android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman E Series

Old 11-29-2013, 02:52 PM

Default NWZE473B problems adding addtional songs to playlists & making new ones

I am not sure if this is the right series of the Walkman i posted this under.

However, I have been having problems trying to upload new playlists as well as add new mp3's to existing playlists. To add music I either have to delete songs or remove entire playlists.

Is there a limit on playlists? so far I only 4-5. However under one playlist I have two mp3's that are each 40-50 min long.

Last edited by sonee; 12-03-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

***It's a E series player so I've moved it to the subforum for those. I'm also changing the title so someone that might be able to help has a better idea of what you need. Please use descriptive titles in the future.***

Sony DAPs tend to be fairly forgiving when it comes to number of playlists and how many files they can contain. You'll need to supply more information for anyone to be able to know enough to help. How the playlists being made originally and what method you're using to update them would be the place to start.

Remember no one has any information except what you supply. That makes it best to be as detailed as possible. A small detail that may not seem relevant to you may be just what someone needs to know how to help.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 AM

All playlists are made in Media Go software supplied by Sony.

So Far I only have 5 playlists. Each ranging from 6-16 songs. One playlist has an extended recording of a 2 lectures that are approx 45 min each.

playlist
1) 11 items, 43:02 73.3 MB
2)7 items, 34:24, 55.1MB
3)2 items, 2:02:25 112MB
4)6 items, 2:19:02 118MB
5)17 items 1:05:11, 89.1MB

Last edited by sonee; 12-03-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Administrator

I'm not familiar with MediaGo. I had it installed and couldn't get rid of it quick enough. For my uses it was inferior to every other media library software I've ever used including Windows Media Player. MusicBee, MediaMonkey and Winamp all worked better for me so I ditched MediaGo after I gave it a tryout and found it lacking and buggy.

Not having the software installed there's no way for me to help you find where the problem is if the software is the issue. One way to tell if you're dealing with a limitation of the software or the player is to use Windows Explorer to try creating playlists.

Open Windows Explorer and go to the Music folder on the player. Right click any file or folder there and it should bring up a context menu that includes "Create playlist". Selecting that option should create a playlist that includes the files or folders you selected. Name that playlist being sure to preserve the .pla extension. It will show as a zero byte file but when you click on the References tab it should contain the contents of your playlist. If it does OK it to be sure to preserve the playlist. When you reboot the player the contents of the playlist will be found by the player. If you are able to make more than the few playlists you can now that's a sure indicator something isn't right with either the software or how you have it set up.

A new member posted this technique yesterday for the Cowon C2 but it works the same for any device using Windows MTP like Sonys. The screen shots that accompany their post may help to explain better.

If this doesn't work for you I'd post detailed info as to where it fails. If it does work for you I'd look at getting MediaGo to do it right for you or consider different software. I use MusicBee on it's out of the box defaults to manage all my MTP players the way I like. If you decide to explore other software I'd consider that.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:04 PM

Awesome thanks for the advice. It worked! One more reason not to jump ship to the Ipod. I found that when right clicking on Music folder in the MP3 did the trick for the trouble shoot.

I'll definitely be scrapping MediaGo. How is the built in Mp3 tagger for MusicBee? I have a hard drive full of misnamed songs.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Administrator

MusicBee is an excellent tagger imo. It has multiple look ups for albums and tracks. It has album art look ups built in. It's able to infer tags from folder\file structure and apply them. The best part is that it won't do any of that without you giving it explicit directions to change your files.

MusicBee is in active development and has a very supportive forum. If you show up there and your questions show you've checked the MusicBee help files and wiki but just aren't catching on someone is almost certain to lend a hand.

TBH I haven't needed it much for tagging. I had used MediaMonkey a number of years back to clean up my collection. That went buggy for me at it's last release and I haven't been able to recommend it since then.

I used foobar2000 almost exclusively once I dropped MediaMonkey. MusicBee hadn't matured to where it is now and I find fb2k the most versatile music library for my uses. fb2k needs to see a drive letter to work so it's not able to manage Sony players that connect in MTP USB mode.

Now that MusicBee has hit this point in it's development I think it's a very good fit for managing MTP players. I can't think of any software paid or free that does all it does once you become familiar with it.