android
Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 PM

Default Galaxy player 3.6 playing music files

Hello I got the 3.6 a few days ago and installed a 32Gb card with about 17Gb of music files but when I launch the built in player it does not detect any of the music files on the sd card. Is there any way to get it to do so or will I need to install a new music player app to be able to do this? And can I download a player app online since using the 3.6 to get online is not possible.

I have to go to menu > my files > external sd to access my music files and play the file but I don't get any of the features like EQ or any of those disk view features which the installed player has.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM

the stock player should see files on the external SD card, as long as you don't have a .nomedia file on the sdcard blocking the scanner (if you don't know what a .nomedia file is you don't have one) also the 3.6 has wifi, so why can't you connect it to the internet?

Have you tried rebooting the player since you installed the card maybe the media scanner didn't run after you inserted it.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 PM

I have seen no .nomedia file when I look through the sd card and the stock player does not see the files on the sd card it will say media scanning running but nothing changes. And there is simply no wifi spots near me to leach off of that's all. My laptop has a blue tooth connection and my PC has a wifi signal that the SGP sees but I have zero idea how to get it to connect because I don't know what the P/W is. So either I can get the pre-installed media player to work of just say f**k it and use the strip down player when I tap on a song title.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 PM

I think I got it I shut it off and removed the sd card then did a factory reset maybe I had made a change to the system that was blocking it from scanning the sd card? Then I removed any files from the external card the player had placed there and placed it back into the player then started it up and it ran a media scan but this time it scanned the external sd card and the built in player worked. As of right now typing this I turned the player back on and it ran a full scan and it read the external sd card. No clue what setting change I may have made but oh well it works now.