android
Old 11-29-2012, 02:52 AM

Default Sound quality on Galaxy Player 4.0

So my Cowon J3 just died recently and, well, my ears have been spoiled I just bought a Galaxy Player 4.0 and the sound quality was sub par compared to the Cowon. I tried to tweak the eq, but it didn't really help. The mids are recessed, and the highs and bass are almost nonexistent. I use Sony MDR-XB41EX headphones, and even with those the bass is terrible. I want to download the jet audio equalizer app from the market or winamp, but I can't connect to my wifi right now (not the player's fault) and I'm not quite sure how to download it onto the device as this is the first Android device I've owned and am pretty clueless. Any advice about the default equalizer or how to put apps from the market onto the device via PC?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-29-2012, 03:35 AM

I'd wait to see what Android device Cowon releases in 2013. Last year devices were announced in January/February time.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM

if the apps your looking to install from the market are the free versions try to find the developers website, sometimes you can download directly from the developer (I know your can with the Poweramp trial anyway), you can't download directly from the market to your PC.

A couple other recommendations, pick a custom kernel like Steves, Klin's or my personal favorite Terrasilent and flash it to the player, once you have one of these installed you can use Voodoo Sound, and if you haven't already ditch the crappy stock music player and get Poweramp it is a FAR superior player.

Tags
android device help, android market help, cowon j3, sound quality