android
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Samsung Moderator

Default U6 Firmware 1.10

I just noticed I missed a new firmware for U6 released on... September 17th, 2012.... that is to say 2 years after the product release and previous firmware 1.09, whaouh!
That's quite unusual for Samsung who generally drops the firmware support after 1 year or so.

Download firmware 1.10 (also available in attachment)

That was the good news. The bad news is that without any surprise this firmware is not interesting. At least, Samsung give us a funny official changelog:

Quote:
- When connect to PC, the phone charging scheme has been improved.
The U6 is a phone now
Well, I don't know what was the problem it is supposed to fix but I personally never experienced any issue dealing with PC connection and charging with firmware 1.09. If it was an obvious and serious issue, I assume it would have been noticed and fixed earlier?

Oh and of course this firmware doesn't fix the bugs I reported to R&D in 2011 such as FLAC tags issues etc. At the time, they told me they could not fix them and release a new firmware because the 3rd party contract had expired. But of course in 2012 they can release a new firmware....
That's why we like Samsung. Nothing makes sense in this company

How to upgrade firmware: Download the firmware, extract the archive, put the YP-U6.ROM file at the root of your player (the root is where all main folders are: music, video, system, pictures etc...), disconnect the player. Turn it on, it will automatically upgrade the firmware. You can check the firmware version in settings>system>about.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YP-U6V1.10.zip (18.21 MB, 19 views)

Last edited by lebellium; 12-03-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2012, 07:30 AM

Lebbs,
I have just got a yp-u7 with FR firmware. U6 1.10 will work Samsung say but when i paste it to the Root of the player nothing happens?
Any Ideas

Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Samsung Moderator

You say you have a U7 and you try to install a firmware for U6. Doesn't it sound wrong to you?!

Your U7 probably comes with firmware 1.00, that's alright. Latest firmware is v1.01 and has been released early December but I did not post it here because it's totally useless (it only reduces max volume to comply with volume standards...)
When a next firmware for U7 is released, I'll post here.

Tags
1.10, firmware, samsung, u6, yepp, yp-u6