android
Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 AM

Default E464 dock?

Hi all,

anyone got info on a dock i can use w/ the E464? Sony helpdesk weren't much help, they referred me to something they don't stock and even google had a hard time finding the reference code, only coming up w/ about 3 foreign pages.
i stumbled across the player on Toys R Us and they said the SRS NWG50 was an "optional extra" ~ asked sony about this and they just blanked me :-/

does anyone have info on this? i was thinking any dock w/ teh WM port could be used but i'm a walkman noob so i'm probably wrong!

thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

There's a character missing from the model you list. The correct model # is SRS NWGU50. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921665963652

I don't think you can fully blame the help desk. The people there aren't familiar with the entire Sony line. They're just working off the screens they see when you give them a model number. If you don't supply the correct number they may or may not have a plain language search they can do to help you find an item.

I can't recall seeing any other docks that have the WM-Port connector. Pretty much if a product isn't an iPod nobody makes a dock for it. There's just no money to be made in anything else due to lack of sales volume. A maker might sell some, just not a sufficient quantity to make the initial investment worthwhile.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Don't know what country you live in. The product appears to be over 3 years old (saw posts on ABi from Aug 2009). Most hits show as Out of Stock (even for refurbished units).

Looks like it's available in the UK
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/awa-wa...nwgu50/reviews

You'll just have to keep checking places like eBay and Amazon (did you check there yet, I didn't).

UPDATE: If you live in Canada, check The Source for a combo speaker dock AND E464.
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...language=en-CA

Spend some time with your favourite search engine, maybe you'll find something.

Steve

Last edited by FreeZ5; 12-30-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:07 AM

hey,
thanks for the replies. my last line was a bit ambiguous though - i know where to get the NWGU50 from, it was the compatability issue i was wondering about. like i say, Toys R Us have it listed, but that page FreeZ5 linked from Sony UK doesn't have the 464 in "compatible products" :-/ however the link skip252 gave has the E series listed under "Discontinued products", lol - confusing!

so, just for clarity : should this or any other dock (if i find one!) w/ a WM port be ok?

thanks again.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 AM
Administrator

The model you have is discontinued, not the E series. The current models are numbered E47x You'll want to take a look at this guide to the sony model numbering system to clear up some of the confusion. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=33830.

I have no idea as to which models are compatible with what dock. The Sony docks always seemed over priced to me so I never researched that much. I run my DAPs from the headphone out into the AUX jack of a set of powered speakers or generic iPod type dock. I'll also have it hooked to a USB wall wart to charge as it plays. I can't control the player or have any of the dock functions but the music sounds good.

The wires look kind of funky but it works for me. The other part I like is that setup works with all the players I have, not just my Sonys.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:44 AM

ok, thanks for the info anyways, looks like i might be following a similar approach rather than getting a dock.