android
Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 PM

Default I'm getting another Fuze

My first one, which I loved, died a premature death when my year-old son grabbed hold of it and decided to see if it would float in the toilet (for the record it did not). I have been through at least 7 MP3 players in the last year since and found absolutely nothing that I liked as much, including the Fuze+, ClipZip, a Sony, a Philips and an Archos mini-tablet.

Got it from the Sandisk outlet store online. New in bulk packaging. There are still some left if anybody wants one. I'm afraid these are going to be impossible to find new before very long.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Post back after using it for a few days and let us know how the battery life is....

Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 AM

Yeah, I'm a little concerned about that but I figure it's worth a shot. Even if it's only good for say, 8 hours that's pretty much on par with my Fuze+, and I only use it for maybe 2 hours a night at my job anyway.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 PM

UPS site says it will be here tomorrow. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. I've got the Rockbox simulator up and working on themes already.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 AM

Got it today but the screen is way crooked and the scroll wheel was so loose I thought it would fall off. Bummer. Also, the unit was just thrown in a cardboard box with a balled up piece of paper. It was in a plastic sleeve, so no cosmetic damage but I wonder if that's why the screen and scroll wheel were all messed up.

Wonder if this kind of thing is common for the Sandisk outlet store. so far, not impressed. I will be seeking a refund and wishing it was 2010 so I could just go to the store and buy a new Fuze. How depressing.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Administrator

That's a real downer. Being let down like that after trying a number of other players and not finding one you like better must be a real blow.

That's definitely not the norm for the sandisk outlet store. My brother picked one up from them not too long ago and it seemed to be the same as a new one minus the box. He doesn't use Rockbox so there's no chance of a battery benchmark test. When I asked him about it over the holidays he said he doesn't notice any difference from when he got his first one from me. That was a refurb from Woot that got 22 hrs.+ the one time I was able to benchmark it.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM

the problem with any player from 2008 regardless of whether it's new/used/not used/refurbished is that the battery will be poor and likely to die soon.

I've got a Samsung U3 which I haven't actually used since 2011 and it's dead, battery gone. I tried it out this week and it lit up for just 10 minutes. And it wouldn't be worth it to try and source a new battery, even if I could find one from somewhere.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 AM

The battery actually seemed fine. I charged it to 100% before I even used it and played it for a couple hours. About 24 hours later I picked it up again and it's at 96%.

Hope Sandisk will make good on it, I don't think I'm being too picky. Even my wife who never notices such things looked at it and the first thing she said was "What's wrong with the screen?" It's that obvious.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM

Don't know if anyone has followed this "saga" or cares at all, but my RMA was just approved for an even exchange. I was dreading it having heard some bad things about the Sandisk customer service center but my experience has only taken 2 days and has been pleasant and efficient. So respect to them for that.

Ironically the Rockbox crew has done some super development in the last week that make my Fuze+ nearly perfect, so I don't really feel like I need the old reliable Fuze anymore. But what's fair is fair.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Don't know if anyone has followed this "saga" or cares at all, but my RMA was just approved for an even exchange. I was dreading it having heard some bad things about the Sandisk customer service center but my experience has only taken 2 days and has been pleasant and efficient. So respect to them for that.

Ironically the Rockbox crew has done some super development in the last week that make my Fuze+ nearly perfect, so I don't really feel like I need the old reliable Fuze anymore. But what's fair is fair.
damn now i wish i didn't take my fuze+ apart the other day and end up breaking the headphone jack with a pair of needle nose pliers trying to tighten it up

Old 03-08-2013, 12:56 AM

I still prefer my old Fuze. sadly, the battery died, and the player did not survive the replacement attempt. Now I'm on the prowl for another fuze player. preferably the old dial type rather than the new fuze+. any idea where I can find for a normal price? seen a few on ebay but they are priced way too high.
thanks.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulderfox View Post
I still prefer my old Fuze. sadly, the battery died, and the player did not survive the replacement attempt. Now I'm on the prowl for another fuze player. preferably the old dial type rather than the new fuze+. any idea where I can find for a normal price? seen a few on ebay but they are priced way too high.
thanks.
What do you consider to be priced too high & what do you think is reasonable?

Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Good question. What's your price range and in what condition? I see a number of them on fleabay for a wide range of prices. The ones that are listed as new are at ridiculous prices but several of the refurbs and used with Buy It Now prices don't seem exorbitant.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachop94 View Post
What do you consider to be priced too high & what do you think is reasonable?
50 bucks and under.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulderfox View Post
50 bucks and under.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Sans...item3f26f4cdd9 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Sans...item4ac6ad1f33

Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 PM

Thanks, but it comes up to way more than that when I add shipping

Old 07-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ah, so you're located outside the US, mulderfox?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Ah, so you're located outside the US, mulderfox?
Yep. Singapore.