android
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM

Default V-Moda M-80 Alternative?

so i just got these in the mail..they sound great i have no complaints on the sound or the looks my problem is they fit good but they clamp down really tight and i dont know if i could get use to that tight clamp

so i would love to be able to find a pair of headphones that sound like these like almost exactly like them if at all possible but are more comfortable

any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

A headphone with little clamping force won't isolate well. If you want isolation witghout clamping force, then get a good isolating IEM.

Last edited by JK98; 01-13-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
A headphone with little clamping force won't isolate well. If you want isolation witghout clamping force, then get a good isolating IEM like the Etymotics HF5 or MC5.
i dont care about isolation too much..and i just need less clamping problem with the m-80s is i think because there made of metal its a stronger force iems hurt my ear im trying to avoid them

Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I believe you should be able to gently flex the headband to make it clamp less. I'd give that a shot before completely moving on from the M-80.

As far as alternatives go, I'm actually enjoying my JVC HA-S500 more, despite its much lower price tag. While they don't match the V-MODAs' materials or build quality, their sound is fantastic (and their clamping force lower).

Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
I believe you should be able to gently flex the headband to make it clamp less. I'd give that a shot before completely moving on from the M-80.

As far as alternatives go, I'm actually enjoying my JVC HA-S500 more, despite its much lower price tag. While they don't match the V-MODAs' materials or build quality, their sound is fantastic (and their clamping force lower).
True dat homie!