android
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Default Multiple songs on database?

I have had a Rockbox'd Fuze for some 6-7 months now, I believe it's up to date atm.

I only ever use the File Browser option to search though all my music, I hardly touch the Database.

The main reason I don't is because every time I go there to any of the options, there are always like 10 of the same songs.

This causes it to go slow so I just stick going by Files.

Has anyone encountered something similar? Know a possible solution?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Administrator

What build are you using? If you're on a older build updating may fix what's wrong. There was an update to the database some months ago that straightened out the problems I had in the past. Since then I've found the database to actually be usable.

IIRC the multiple entries to the database was linked to Auto Update being active. I didn't use that setting or the database much until the fix I mentioned so that may not be accurate. If you prefer not to update you could try turnig off Auto Update and initialize the database.

Initializing the database should wipe out all the old entries and start you off fresh. Then you can check to see if you get multiple entries and what conditions causes them then.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've just done the initialize database for quite a while now.....no auto-update or anything else. At one point a while back I was getting errors when using the auto-update, not too long after I really started using Rockbox, and ever since then, I just initialize and have no problems.

I'm sure whatever caused that issue I had was fixed long ago, but I'm in the habit of initializing, and what I am doing works, so I stick with it.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Initializing the database each time you add files would eliminate any multiples but I don't believe it should be necessary now. Maybe if you have Auto Update enabled and the fix for the database didn't address the issues I think I remember that causing. Either way the database refreshes much faster than it did in the past.

I really don't know a lot about how the database should work for others. I just got out of the habit of using the database when it was really wonky and was more of a PIA than a help. I'll occasionally use the database to search if there's a song I can't remember by name. The search function works well for me now. Other than that it's almost always playlists for me.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Either way the database refreshes much faster than it did in the past.
On the Sansas, yes, it is pretty fast. On my 80GB iPod, it takes an eternity....most likely a combination of the capacity and the older internal hardware. I'd imagine the CPU and RAM are slower than in a newer Sansa player.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:28 PM

Thanks guys, Initializing seems to have fixed it.

I had Auto Update off, so maybe the multiple files are from an older version or maybe I had Auto update on before and just don't remember when I changed it.

I'll start initializing from the settings from now on.