android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-03-2014, 07:34 PM
wellsandlava wellsandlava is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: -_-
Posts: 9
Lightbulb Samsung Galaxy 3.6 Player - Is overclocking possible and how safe is it?

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to screen record what I do on this device and fined that my frame rate is very slow. So I have began to wonder if it's possible to overclock this device so I can get better results out of it. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:27 PM
skip252 skip252 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,351
Default

If you're running stock, no. There's no setting for adjusting the cpu clock speed. as you're rooted I look for a rom that let's you adjust the cpu frequency. I'm not sure what's available for the 3.6 that has all it's features active like CM Mod 11 does for the SGP 4.0. I'd check in wherever you got your root directions.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 PM
wellsandlava wellsandlava is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: -_-
Posts: 9
Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
If you're running stock, no. There's no setting for adjusting the cpu clock speed. as you're rooted I look for a rom that let's you adjust the cpu frequency. I'm not sure what's available for the 3.6 that has all it's features active like CM Mod 11 does for the SGP 4.0. I'd check in wherever you got your root directions.

Will do. Thanks
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 08-07-2014, 01:37 PM
AEVAREX's Avatar
AEVAREX AEVAREX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachussetts
Posts: 36
Default

If your 3.6 has the same CPU as the 4.0 or 5.0 then you can use tegrak overclock from playstore.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 08-07-2014, 02:12 PM
skip252 skip252 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,351
Default

I don't thing that's going to work. Specs on the SGP 3.6 are Samsung Galaxy Player/S Wifi 3.6 are
Quote:
Model Number: YP-GS1

- Display: 3.6'' TN TFT LCD, HVGA (480x320)
- CPU: TI OMAP 3630 1Ghz
- GPU: Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX530
- Sound Chip (DAC): Wolfson Microelectronics WM8994
- Storage: 8GB onboard. Upgradable to 32GB via microSD (64GB can work too)
- Camera: 2.0 MP No AF (back) VGA (front)
- Input: Volume, Power/Sleep, Home, Back, Menu (all these three are capacitive)
- Product Size (W x H x D): 62.4 x 115.9 x 9.65 mm (2.45" x 4.52" x 0.38")
- Weight: 109g (3.74 ounces)
I also don't see the SGP 3.6 on the list of supported devices on their site http://tegrak2x.blogspot.com/2011/04...overclock.html. The Exynos 3110 based 5.0 and 4.0 are there so I'd think if it was supported the 3.6 would be included.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 08-09-2014, 08:33 AM
AEVAREX's Avatar
AEVAREX AEVAREX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachussetts
Posts: 36
Default

I didn't have the time to get the specs the other day. Thank you skip252 for doing that. Sorry It's a no go. Good luck Wellsandlava. Flashing a rom isn't as scary as it looks. Just be meticulous about it.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 AM
skip252 skip252 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEVAREX View Post
I didn't have the time to get the specs the other day. Thank you skip252 for doing that. Sorry It's a no go. Good luck Wellsandlava. Flashing a rom isn't as scary as it looks. Just be meticulous about it.
It's somewhat scary partially because of all the "you have now voided your warranty, I'm not responsible if it eats your family" warnings. Those seem to be there to let people know to that there is a risk and to be careful more than trying to scare them off.

The only time I've had an issue rooting or installing a kernel or rom is when I haven't followed directions exactly or asked questions when I wasn't certain. When I have it's run smoothly. When I didn't or changed what was already tested to work I haven't liked how that worked out.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 08-10-2014, 06:30 PM
wellsandlava wellsandlava is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: -_-
Posts: 9
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
It's somewhat scary partially because of all the "you have now voided your warranty, I'm not responsible if it eats your family" warnings. Those seem to be there to let people know to that there is a risk and to be careful more than trying to scare them off.

The only time I've had an issue rooting or installing a kernel or rom is when I haven't followed directions exactly or asked questions when I wasn't certain. When I have it's run smoothly. When I didn't or changed what was already tested to work I haven't liked how that worked out.
If anybody finds a good method to overclock this device. Then feel free too let me know.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
overclocking, samsung

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.