android
Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM

Default Does Samsung still replace screens on the P3?

It's getting difficult to deal with the dead screen space. But will they still change it for me?

Also:

-Is it worth it? I heard it's like $100, but that's cheaper than a new player, so how good are the new screens?

-About how long should I expect it to take?

Any help you guys could give me would be great.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-18-2013, 01:05 PM

Conventional wisdoms says you should never try to fix broken consumer electronics. If it is under warranty send it back, if not get a new one.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiniferus View Post
It's getting difficult to deal with the dead screen space. But will they still change it for me?

Also:

-Is it worth it? I heard it's like $100, but that's cheaper than a new player, so how good are the new screens?

-About how long should I expect it to take?

Any help you guys could give me would be great.
Hi there, check my post here > http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71649

With the method i wrote about, you can still use P3 quite comfortable.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

breakbeat- It doesn't seem to work on my player. I get a tiny bit more functionality, but I can't really do anything with it.

sideways- I thought about that. The problem is, the P3 is almost my perfect player. The only things I'd change are the limited number of playlists and the lack of gapless play. I'd really like to keep it if possible, but if you've got a suggestion that's around $200, I'd love to hear it.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 PM

I could suggest you buying Sansa Clip+ or Clip Zip but since P3 is you perfect player i assume you want pictures and video browsing, so you should ask people here on ABi in general audio discussion thread, they will be glad to help.

Check out Samsung Galaxy Player, you might like it > http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-players

Oh, and by the way if you still planning on using P3 try to touch both left (working) side of the screen and dead part of screen but try to touch left side of the screen as close to aluminum frame as possible it give the best results.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM

200$ does not exclude much. You should be able to find something to your liking with that budget. I'd suggest you read this topic, then start a new topic over in the general section.

The usual suspects all apply. Sandisk Clip series, sony walkman series, cowons, and samsung galaxy players. You could even take that money and put it towards a smartphone (if you are outside the US and their draconian carrier fees anyway).