android
Old 01-18-2014, 07:01 PM

Default RB Settings recommendations for Fuze+?

I just got a refurb'd 4GB Fuze+ and immediately put Rockbox on it. I just had a trial run with playback from my 64GB uSD card and all went well, except that the panel buttons are WAY too sensitive and do unexpected things when I'm just pulling the Fuze+ out of my pocket to ID the current artist. My quick solution was to put the Fuze+ in LOCK mode before putting it back in my pocket.

I know about the UI complaints of the non-RB'd Fuze+; that's one of the reasons I stuck with RB'd Fuze v2 for so long. So all of that said, what specific RB settings do any of you recommend to provide a better UI experience? (As of right now, I fully understand all of the complaints about the original OS and UI behavior—it's atrocious!)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Somewhere in the Rockbox settings is a touchpad sensitivity option. You could try playing around with that to see if it helps. As some point developers were also working on a touchpad "dead zone" option which would allow one to deactivate the areas between the capacitive "buttons", but I don't think that particular modification has made its way into the daily code yet.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Administrator

It's a touchpad player. It's expected that it will respond when touched unless you lock it. You may find a sensitivity setting that allows you to put it in and out of your pocket and not respond but still respond when you need it to but I'd think that would be quite a balancing act. Locking it seems like it would be much easier. That's what I do.

After that I'd think it's just whatever you did to make your other Fuze fit your needs. Find a theme or three you like, adjust the sound to fit your taste, save a few .cfg files for different conditions, etc. I've never seen anyone else setup fit my needs exactly so I worked out what I needed and set it that way.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
It's a touchpad player. It's expected that it will respond when touched unless you lock it. You may find a sensitivity setting that allows you to put it in and out of your pocket and not respond but still respond when you need it to but I'd think that would be quite a balancing act. Locking it seems like it would be much easier. That's what I do.

After that I'd think it's just whatever you did to make your other Fuze fit your needs. Find a theme or three you like, adjust the sound to fit your taste, save a few .cfg files for different conditions, etc. I've never seen anyone else setup fit my needs exactly so I worked out what I needed and set it that way.
Thanks, guys.