android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 04-11-2013, 03:29 PM

Default Zen Vision M...tracks back up when trying to power off

My Zen Vision M has been exhibiting some odd behavior quite a bit, in that when it's on, and I decide to turn it off, and slide the power button left, it will often simply start skipping tracks one at a time instead. By that I mean.....say it's on track 8, and I slide that button over and hold it, to power if off, it will start going backwards.....8, 7, 6, etc. etc. I will make several attempts sometimes before I can get the "shutting down" on the screen.

So, just for the heck of it, I tried pushing the power button to the left, and releasing it, and it advanced to the next track, so I tried doing that repeatedly, and it advanced to the next track with every button "push and release". It functions fine in every other way, but I know it's not supposed to do that. My wife's ZVM doesn't do that at all.

This can't be normal. I seem to remember someone tell me that's it's a quirk with some of these, and his did it too, but it doesn't seem right.

If anyone has any insight on this, and knows of a fix or something, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by soulweeper; 04-11-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]