android
Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 AM

Wink Best entry level Droid phone

If anyone would be kind enough to suggest the entry level no contract smartphone (brand and where to purchase) I would greatly appreciate it.
I have been looking at the HTC Droid Incredible. I also don't understand how the no contract (unlocked) part works. So, if you would also explain in as much detail as your patience allows the abc's.

With much respect,

lgrantl60

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Redneck Moderator

I have been using Straight Talk for a while now. They do No Contract, Pre-Paid phones. For unlimited everything it comes out to a few cents short for $50. I've got the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. They do have other phones, some LG ones, Huawei, and other Samsungs.

As your selecting your phone of choice in some areas you will have to pay attention, as they do both CDMA and GSM phones.

If you do go with CDMA(Verizon) then I would suggest the phone I have, it is insanely strong. I have dropped mine 16 feet onto concrete, left it out in the rain, and dropped it in a public drive way for 4 day(got ran over multiple times) and it could still make phone calls even though the screen was cracked.

One more thing: If the phone is purchased for under $150 then if you get the warranty they will refund you the purchasing price via Walmart gift card. If it is over $150 then they will repair/replace it with the warranty.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service

Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 PM

I have the inspire 4g which can be had for about $100 off contract. It's a pretty good phone and with straight talk i'm paying $45 a month + tax. It's worked out pretty well so far. Straight Talk offers the same service at att for about $15 cheaper a month. Check out cowboom.com to see what they have. I got my replacement phone from there when I dropped the old one in toilet and it came pretty much brand new. Also check out this page for possible carriers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...work_operators