android
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Exportprive is on the up and up, but the French email is a problem. Hopefully iebellium will see your post and give you a hand,...he's French you know!!!

And "Welcome To ABi!!!"

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotweg View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm new here. I'm Mike, and I'm from the Netherlands

My c2 recently broke down on me, so I thought this i9+ would be a good replacement.
I ordered today from ExportPrive, and because I have no credit card, I chose Bank Wire Transfer as payment.

Problem is, I have no idea how that works. Apparently money is transferred from one bank to another.

They sent me an e-mail with all kinds of specifications I should mention when transferring the money, but the e-mail is in French, I don't understand nothing of it.

Also, it's still a pre-order. Does anyone know if it's legit?
I'm worried I'll transfer the money and they don't send me aything simply because the product doesn't exist.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about this and hopefully somebody could explain me how to do a Bank Wire Transfer. Thanks in advance!
Hahaha, it's funny you should mention this as i'm currently in the middle of sorting out a horrendous mess between myself and exportprive via the bank wire.

I previously bought the C2 from them via their Skrill Moneybookers payment method a few months back, but since doing so moneybookers decided to lockdown my account, and to reopen the account they want me to scan my driving license and passport!!
I tried opening a second moneybookers account to get around this but they closed that account immediately when they spotted it had the same address, apparently only one moneybookers account to one physical address is maximum!
So not being keen to handing over such sensitive information using the Visa/Moneybookers route i opted for bank wire instead.

Firstly i applied for 'International Banking Transfers' on my internet banking as a feature, this resulted in me waiting until post midnight for the feature to be approved.
Then I used Google to help translate the french bank details to get the best idea of where all the digits might go.
Everything seemed to go according to plan, but then i received an email from them yesterday confirming payment but that it was not enough!

The total payment was supposed to be around the $202.77USD ($185 for the player and 20 for fast shipping etc), i distinctly recall putting in that figure in my internet banking AND selecting USD and not Australian dollar as the currency, i was also billed an additional $25AUD as a transfer fee which i wasn't expecting (but should have really known had i thought hard enough about it), so now this player is costing me a small fortune.
Nonetheless I received this from exportprive yesterday;

We have credited your account 809-477532-838 (FCY) on 05-APR-2013 with
the proceeds of a Telegraphic Transfer from JPMORGAN CHASE BANK NA ADR
OPS NEWARK received on 04-APR-2013 as follows
Remittance Amount USD******************177.77
Less:
Commission HKD****65.00
Total Charge HKD*******************65.00
At ***7.747318236 USD********************8.39
Amount Credited USD******************169.38
By Order Of BRUCE BANNER
In Favour of EXPORT PRIVE LIMITED
Payt Detail 27046 TRADE
Bk/Bk Info /ACC/BR NO 004
Notes: Amount credited is subject to final settlement and any additional charges will be debited to your account under advice to you.

---------------------------------------------------------

NB: i edited the above, took out my real name and put Bruce Banner instead.

Now it looks to me like their own bank has taken $65USD fee for the transaction leaving exportprive with only $177.77 actual credit for the sale, that's my best guess, i'm at a loss as to what really has happened because even that doesn't quite make sense.

The saga continues...

I want to double check my internet banking records but my account is unavailable for statements right now (its 3am in oz right now, most likely maintenance work is going on).

Anyway, i'll keep you posted...

In short try not to do bankwire, i think not only will you incur extra fees but perhaps exportprive will also and your payment also come up short.

Why no paypal is beyond me...

Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM

Bruce Banner isn't your real name?

Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

lol

Old 04-05-2013, 03:46 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with this.

Today I also tried to make the online payment, using google translate.
When I finally hit the 'send' button, an error message appeared saying that the bank code (004) wasn't accepted. So I couldn't make the payment at all.

Now that I read your story I realize I'm really lucky because I also didn't know how much the fees were.

In the end, I just re-ordered it with the Moneybookers option, and they immediately linked me to my local bank website and the payment was finished within a minute and without fees!

Everything went better than expected!

I'm sending ExportPrive an e-mail they should cancel my first order. I'm hoping this will be allright.

I'll keep you posted if it arrives.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Got onto internet banking this morning, I can confirm $225.xx AUD left my account, it most certainly has resulted in them getting a lot less their end as opposed to silly Banner inputing wrong digits.
If they advertise as Bank Wire perhaps they need to warn us that their own bank will take $65USD for the transaction!

So far I am yet to hear from exportprive, will keep you posted.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 AM

Got a message from EP today.

"Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you the item you ordered is discontinued.(it will be available on 30th April)

So, we invite you to contact our customer service which will be glad to propose you an alternative solution as a replacement by an equivalent item or other.

Thanks to contact us by e-mail by clicking ''Customers Service'' (Select ''Shipping Service'') situated on top of our website front page or by phone +33 (0)9 72 13 55 08....."

So, I hope I understand it correctly, the I9 is available on april 30.
Do you think I can just ask them to wait untill april 30 before they send the order? I don't really want another product.

The order status already changed to "Preparation in progress". I guess they are just sending me the crystal case I ordered with it then..

Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Least u got an email... they just taken my cash lol

Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 AM

Why would they say that the product is discontinued and then it will be available later in the month? That doesn't make sense.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Language difficulties? From the way this is going I think they may have meant "not yet available" and didn't express it that way.

I'd like to see this come to the US market at a decent price. I really like my original i9 now that I've learned the UI. It's got just the right combination of size, features and sound tweaks. My only problem is it's only 8 GB. A 32 GB model could easily become my daily driver.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I sold my 16gb i9 for this very reason, 32gb will almost be the perfect player for me.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:09 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the i10 worth looking into? It seems like the i9 is favored over the i10, and the i9+ is causing excitement, but in what ways are the i9 series superior to the i10?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The i10 is more like an S9, with controls that are a downgrade compared to it. The i9 is it's own device,...and the UI isn't too bad.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Administrator

I doubt there's anything wrong with the i10, it just never appealed to me. It has a larger screen so it's longer than what I like. A players size is high on my list when I'm shopping. I don't need the larger screen because I'm not going to watch vids on anything smaller than a 7" tablet.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I don't need the larger screen because I'm not going to watch vids on anything smaller than a 7" tablet.
I can watch videos on the SGP 5.0, but that's as small as I will go for video. A 4" screen. like I had on the Motorola Atrix, (or I suppose the X9's 4.3", although I'll never find out) might be ok for 10-15 minutes, but that's it......whereas the SGP 5.0, I can watch a full-length movie on. I usually do that with my 7" tablet, of course, but I can do it with the SGP.

RE: i10 vs. 19, how does the battery life compare?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningistheday View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the i10 worth looking into? It seems like the i9 is favored over the i10, and the i9+ is causing excitement, but in what ways are the i9 series superior to the i10?
Found a review....
http://tech.uk.msn.com/audio/cowon-i10-review

Old 04-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I dithered about getting an i10 32gb instead of my previous i9 or C2, in the end i decided the shape and size wasn't for me. I was wanting a straight up DAP, not fussed for video at all really. The i9+ differs substantially in size and weight of the i10.
Looks like exportprive still want more money from me lol... this is going to be an expensive DAP indeed.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
I dithered about getting an i10 32gb instead of my previous i9 or C2, in the end i decided the shape and size wasn't for me. I was wanting a straight up DAP, not fussed for video at all really. The i9+ differs substantially in size and weight of the i10.
Looks like exportprive still want more money from me lol... this is going to be an expensive DAP indeed.
I seem to recall someone giving you some logical advice....
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...5&postcount=23 which you decided didn't work for you(but would have saved you lots of money).

Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hahaha... ikr.
I just want an all in one device for music, I was already swopping songs around on the i9, it was becoming a pain in the ass.
Having already bought from exportprive who could have known second purchase is far far more difficult.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 AM

Bruce, I'd keep an eye on bhphoto.com and see if they carry it. They are in New York, can ship worldwide, and they can charge your credit card directly instead of messing with bank transfers. (You might have to supply some kind of docs to them).