android
Old 07-23-2013, 09:32 AM

Default Sony S638F Japanese language only

Hi. I bought this player, and according to the seller it only comes in Japanese language. The owner thinks a software upgrade might add English. Where might I be able to get this software. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=181181233966

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Administrator

It's very doubtful this can be done. The only source for Sony firmwares is Sony and their online updater reads the hardware before it supplies a firmware. The firmwares are region and hardware specific and when the updater detects the hardware that was meant for the Japanese market that's the only one it will supply.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
It's very doubtful this can be done. The only source for Sony firmwares is Sony and their online updater reads the hardware before it supplies a firmware. The firmwares are region and hardware specific and when the updater detects the hardware that was meant for the Japanese market that's the only one it will supply.
I can still navigate the player since I have a english language 638 to use as a guide. Thanks for the response. I like the rarity of the player.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 PM

I ended up returning the player and getting a full refund. The player is only useable for the Japanese market. No firmware exist to make it useable in the US. Oh well.