android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Default Zen Vision M Motherboard Question "Harddisk Problem"

Hi everyone,

Maybe someone here knows the answer to my dilemma. I have a Creative Zen Vision M which has a "Harddisk Problem" message, but I am convinced that the problem is the motherboard. I have 3 hard drives which I know to be working that I attempted to install into the ZVM and all 3 times the ZVM gave "Harddisk Problem" message.

The three hard drives attempted were as follows:
1. Toshiba MK3006GAL
2. Toshiba MK3008GAL (I have the slimmer connector cable for this one)
3. Toshiba MK6036GAL

I have tested all 3 of these hard drives in other MP3 players and as external hard drives for my computer. I connected them to the computer, found them in Device Manager, formatted them all, and it showed them as healthy drives.

I have also tried different ZVM connector cables with the drives to rule out the problem being the connector cables. Same result: "Harddisk Problem."

I therefore am concluding that the problem is the ZVM motherboard. But what on the motherboard could be causing this to happen? I would like to repair my motherboard so that it can read the hard drives again. Is there a bad IC chip that I need to replace? Does anyone have a schematic of the ZVM motherboard? Perhaps Creative Labs will give me a copy of the schematic, as it is a discontinued player.

Is there a tool I can buy that can probe IC chips or circuits that can tell me if an IC chip is bad?

Any help is appreciated; thanks guys.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]