android
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Default hiding a certain folder from the scanner in "poweramp" app

I just downloaded poweramp. Can someone please tell me how to hide a folder on tge external sd from the scan so it doesnt show up in the app. The folder I want to hide is a hidden folder on the card that I put a . In front of to hide. The thing is that the folder doesn't show up on the list of folders in poweramp, so I cant even uncheck it from list. It doesnt show up with the option to show or hide hidden folders checked or not in the my files app.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosko View Post
I just downloaded poweramp. Can someone please tell me how to hide a folder on tge external sd from the scan so it doesnt show up in the app. The folder I want to hide is a hidden folder on the card that I put a . In front of to hide. The thing is that the folder doesn't show up on the list of folders in poweramp, so I cant even uncheck it from list. It doesnt show up with the option to show or hide hidden folders checked or not in the my files app.
I think what you're looking for is this...https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....nomedia&hl=en

Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 PM

to hide a folder from media scan, create a file (any, it doesn't matter) IN the folder you want hidden from the scan, then re-name it ".nomedia"

to hide a folder from general view (ie to make a "hidden folder", add a "." before the file name

Old 04-16-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alljokingaside View Post
to hide a folder from media scan, create a file (any, it doesn't matter) IN the folder you want hidden from the scan, then re-name it ".nomedia"
that doesn't apply to Poweramps scanner, it applies to the stock media scanner, Poweramps scanner will still scan media in folders with .nomedia files.

OP, your issue is probably because the folder is a "hidden folder" because you put the . in front of it that is why you can't "see" it to uncheck it in the settings for Poweramp, I could only suggest temporarily undoing the part about the folder being a hidden folder then go into poweramp and see if you can see it there to uncheck it from poweramps scanner list then go back and make it back into a hidden folder or MOVE the hidden folder to your internal storage.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
that doesn't apply to Poweramps scanner, it applies to the stock media scanner, Poweramps scanner will still scan media in folders with .nomedia files.

OP, your issue is probably because the folder is a "hidden folder" because you put the . in front of it that is why you can't "see" it to uncheck it in the settings for Poweramp, I could only suggest temporarily undoing the part about the folder being a hidden folder then go into poweramp and see if you can see it there to uncheck it from poweramps scanner list then go back and make it back into a hidden folder or MOVE the hidden folder to your internal storage.
Thanks I will try that tomorrow. I unchecked show hidden folders in files but never actually removed the period before file name. I bet that will work. I just never figured that because the file was showing up in the music list in pa

Old 04-17-2013, 06:24 AM

Thanks Daniel644 it worked however as soon as i put the . Back and scan again it picks it up again so i just shut off auto scan. thanks. i figured it was weird since it was showing up in the folder list but not in the list to select which folders to scan.

Last edited by brosko; 04-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.