android
Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks Jeven,...you got a great piece of kit there, ENJOY!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2013, 05:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well i have had my HTC One a month now and i really like it

there are only a couple of things that bother me. One is the gallery the shows your pictures and anything from your Facebook page that you like or your friends post.

There is no way to turn off that feature. And the fact it always tries to download all your email contacts from different accounts into your phone book. Other than that i like it a lot

Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 AM

One thing I don't like about the Z is that it's not very comfy in a jeans pocket when out walking - it's slim but it's still big. I had to transfer it to a jacket pocket. If you were coming from a Nokia 920 you probably wouldn't notice, but it's still a fat a$$ phone.

Aside from that I don't have any problems with using the 5" screen.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post

there are only a couple of things that bother me. One is the gallery the shows your pictures and anything from your Facebook page that you like or your friends post.

There is no way to turn off that feature. And the fact it always tries to download all your email contacts from different accounts into your phone book. Other than that i like it a lot
I'd recommend using QuickPic over any stock gallery, personally. I've never had a problem with it showing random Facebook items. It also allows you to choose folders to exclude from its gallery, which you might find useful.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
I'd recommend using QuickPic over any stock gallery, personally. I've never had a problem with it showing random Facebook items. It also allows you to choose folders to exclude from its gallery, which you might find useful.
I believe your referring to "Blinkfeed", and there's no way to turn it off (or maybe, via root, there might be).

Old 05-23-2013, 10:56 AM

Really enjoying using the Z - it's the fastest phone I've ever had.

I can have 30 or so applications open, and it doesn't miss a beat. I keep the home screen simple, though.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I believe your referring to "Blinkfeed", and there's no way to turn it off (or maybe, via root, there might be).
I don't think you need root, you can change the launcher. Nova for instance is very close to the AOSP launcher (although you may not like that depending on how you feel about Sense). With root you might be able to hack the Sense launcher, but thats much harder.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It was noted in quite a few reviews that "Blinkfeed" always remains running, but an alternative launcher might do it if you really want it gone. Me, I'm waiting for the (supposed) Motorola "X Phone" to come out. It's said to be bone stock Android,...the only flavor I truly like.

And tbh I don't mind Motorola's skin all that much. I find it to be the ONLY skinned version of Android I'll accept. It's just that Verizon has all the phones I want that Motorola makes,...but I HATE Verizon!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Since its part of the launcher it won't be running if the launcher isn't running. The launcher on android is just a normal app. If you replace it then its not running.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:31 PM

Question: Does having, say, 3 different launchers use more RAM even though only 1 can be used at once?

If you installed and ran a different launcher on the HTC One would it still be using resources for Blinkfeed on the stock launcher even though it is hidden?

EDIT: sorry, you seem to have already answered that.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm bored with WP8, so I'm back on my Motorola ATRIX 4G ATM. Go figure,... :-/

Old 05-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Update: the Motorola Atrix 4G performance is just fine, but the smaller screen coupled with the shiit battery life made me put my SIM card back in my Lumia 920 before this afternoon hit. I did notice that quite a few apps, after updating, are way more polished & functional on Android than on my WP8 phone,...

***Le Sigh***

I can't wait to see what the Motorola X Phone brings to the table,...WP8 isn't catching up fast enough for me,...damn,...

Old 05-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Update: the Motorola Atrix 4G performance is just fine, but the smaller screen coupled with the shiit battery life made me put my SIM card back in my Lumia 920 before this afternoon hit. I did notice that quite a few apps, after updating, are way more polished & functional on Android than on my WP8 phone,...

***Le Sigh***

I can't wait to see what the Motorola X Phone brings to the table,...WP8 isn't catching up fast enough for me,...damn,...
How big is the Lumia screen?

Old 05-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
How big is the Lumia screen?
4.5",...but I like how clear & crisp the Atrix's screen looks. Still, no lag or stutter 99% of the time on my Lumia 920. The Atrix,...oh boy,...laggy as a mofo!!! But interesting still as it's progressing nicely. WP8 is coming along,...but so SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Old 05-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
4.5",...but I like how clear & crisp the Atrix's screen looks. Still, no lag or stutter 99% of the time on my Lumia 920. The Atrix,...oh boy,...laggy as a mofo!!! But interesting still as it's progressing nicely. WP8 is coming along,...but so SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
Try using that Atrix with only EDGE network coverage......then you'll see lag! lol

Old 05-24-2013, 01:15 PM

TDS, I thought you said not too long ago that you loved WP8... did something change?

Old 05-24-2013, 03:42 PM

How old is the Motorola Atrix/how old is the battery?

Old 05-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Atrix 4G came out in early 2011, but the battery is fine. The battery life was always crap though,...

Old 05-31-2013, 07:17 AM

The Walkman app on my Xperia Z is actually a bit of a pain..don't get me wrong, it offers great equalisation abilities, and the interface is really nice, but it's broken up many of my albums into 2 or 3 separate albums when I loaded them up as folders - Poweramp shows up my folders perfectly.

Fortunately I can apply the Walkman EQ options to Poweramp, and SenseMe works well, but I think I'll mainly be using Poweramp.

Google Play Music is still lacking - OK if you have no music files loaded up at all and just opt to stream, but otherwise it's a PITA.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:05 AM

I got the update to 4.2.2 but... I find myself bored with the phone already.

Should have got the HTC One, but I'm going to wait and see what the next iPhone is like.